Author: tomcat2000

one man ,two wifes [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-10-13 08:29:53 |Display all floors

answering your question tomcat2000........

I just want to tell you, as afri-simba, has already said, that some interviews (please don't mistake interviews with interviewers), have hidden question that seem to have nothing to do with the job or position.

For example, lets say a company wants to hire an engineer for their production line and they are interviewing this guy who seems to be the perfect candidate. Normally a person will prepapre a set of "possible" question that she/he is going to be asked. The company on the other side, prepares. ALSO, a short set of questions that are "controversial". This means; those questions have a normal answer between a set group of people. If you ask a woman about what she thinks on equal salary for equal job, most probably (99 %) will answer that they agree with the statement. So asking a person if he thinks a man could or should have two wives, or girlfriends, is putting you in that situation. The interviewer, if he is serious and well trained of course, will not only pay attention to the answer but also at the way you answer. If you dismiss strongly the statement, with a very passionate argument in favor of the family union and monogamy, he will for sure be very pleased beacuse he will see that you are a person who is straight and that follows the rules of law and society. Anyhow, an answer the type "well, that wouldn't be bad! But would women be allowed to have two husbands the?" Could also play in your favor because that would indicate a good sense of humor.

Now back to our engineer. Either if he answers one thing or the other he will probable get a positive reaction from the interviewer. Certainly not if he confronts the interviewer; remember what I said at the beggining: interviews are about a "company" hiring most of the times and they want to know if you want to be a partr of the team. If you answer that you feel he/she is trying to prey on you, you will probably not land the job.

A general advise: When in an interview be relaxed and answer what you feel, but never offend the interviewer by stating that his/her questions are stupid or out of place. Faced with a question that is too difficult to answer or that shocks your social, cultural or religious believes the best answer is "Sorry, but I think that question is a bit too personal for me. Maybe if you give me some time to think, I can answer at any other moment."

Flexibility is important when going to interviews. You have to have an open mind, although being yourself.

[ Last edited by longzhou at 2006-10-13 08:44 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-13 08:32:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by longzhou at 2006-10-12 19:29
Everybody be warned about "troll alert" in this thread.

Just ignore, the troll will just get tired and dissapear.

I see now.  Thanks.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-13 09:49:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by longzhou at 2006-10-13 08:29
I just want to tell you, as afri-simba, has already said, that some interviews (please don't mistake interviews with interviewers), have hidden question that seem to have nothing to do with the job ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-13 09:58:49 |Display all floors
The question is: can one love two at the same time? Is matter of love or matter of culture?

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2006-10-13 16:05:40 |Display all floors

it is disgusting

Originally posted by susansusan at 2006-10-13 09:58
The question is: can one love two at the same time? Is matter of love or matter of culture?

one man two wives.It makes me sick
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2006-10-13 16:06:57 |Display all floors

what about one wife two husbands

Originally posted by xilaren at 2006-10-13 16:05

one man two wives.It makes me sick

What about one woman with two husbands.?It sounds better ha ha   
I am joking  .........
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-13 16:59:41 |Display all floors
The Chinese written character for peaceful, tranquil, quiet, calm etc., should give one a clue.

It is composed of two essential elements, the radical signifying roof, and the radical signifying female.

The meaning is, essentially, "One woman in the house is peaceful."

So just think of it that way - one woman in the house.

Besides, who can afford two wives either financially or emotionally?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.