Author: prettyshe

Shi Yongxin: a CEO or a monk? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-10-25 15:31:57 |Display all floors
I have read an article on Buddhism written by Shi Yongxin. He says that all the doctrines in Buddhism can bbe sumed up into one sentence, " Don't give way to foolish fancies". Maybe it tells  how he could keep calm inside when buzzing in the worldly business.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-25 15:33:49 |Display all floors

a monk is a monk and a monk is not a monk

Originally posted by johnyou at 2006-10-19 08:42
everything changes as times goes by...! so does our concept about buddist teachings...! it's the way civilization evolves...!!!

yes, everything changes now. Monks have to change along with the society to survive....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-25 15:54:57 |Display all floors

COMMERCIALIZATION AGAIN

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-5 17:07:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by eyeofstorm at 2006-10-19 08:05
I thought in buddhist teachings when you become a monk you sacrfice all things materialstic in this world thus lose all insecurities...seems like this 'businessman on beads' only lost his hair, shi ...

DO NOT QUOTE ME WHEN YOU ARE NOT a MONK yrself!

WHY be CRITICAL WHEN you can't even MANAGE yrself!!!

GO ---- BRICKS!!!
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-5 17:11:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by prettyshe at 2006-10-19 10:05
Shi's promotion of Wushu thoughout the world indeed bears fruit, as can be seen from the many international participants of seclustion in Shaolin temple and the ongoing Wushu competition in Zhengzh ...

IT is NOT ONLY ZEN which emphasizes enlightening through meditation but BASIC tenets of BUDDHISM by GREAT MASTER VEN. BUDDHA    SAKYAMUNI years ago!!! Maybe we have Forgotten them as the world is full of FOOLISH FANCIES!!!

In the Name of NAMO PERN SERN SER JIA MO NI FO!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-5 17:16:29 |Display all floors
Originally posted by caringhk at 2006-11-5 17:11

IT is NOT ONLY ZEN which emphasizes enlightening through meditation but BASIC tenets of BUDDHISM by GREAT MASTER VEN. BUDDHA    SAKYAMUNI years ago!!! Maybe we have Forgotten them as the worl ...

SEEMS not many chinese knows about Maitreya Buddha-Mi Ler FO!!!

Go to LinYIN Temple in HangZhou and you will SEE!!!

There is a CAVE dedicated to Amitabha Buddha where he FOUND Enlightenment there!!!

BTW Maitreya Buddha-Mi Ler FO has a huge bulging tummy which means Tolerance
which most humans being DO those fanciful things!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-11 13:55:09 |Display all floors

Lots more questions...

Post # 11 makes a good point ("If I can beat him up then he's not a monk") - Are the monks still being monks? In a way I'm glad their ways are promoted to some extent, otherwise how would we learn of them? Through a few people who visit them briefly but don't really understand? I'd like to learn more about Shaolin Si, so where should I get that information if not from the monks themselves? On the other hand, of course I'd hope they are still being true to their roots, otherwise why do I WANT to bother learning about them?

A question I'd ask is, WHY are they promoting themselves? Is it to gain the nice car & money? Or is it to truly spread their teachings?

And by gaining the material things are they helping themselves, bettering themselves or is it wasteful? I can see some money and a car being useful in today's society. With more money they can buy better food, books, etc. And nothing wrong with having a car and a computer & cell phone in 2006, but at what point does bettering oneself & keeping up become overindulgence? It's hard to tell.

How about in YOUR life?  (you = everyone reading) Are you keeping to your ideals & beliefs or are you giving in to society without thinking about it? At what point would you refuse money or a nice car? If people offered you those things, what would you do? (keep it? give some to the poor? not take it at all?)

[ Last edited by freakyqi at 2006-11-11 01:56 PM ]
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.