Author: prettyshe

Shi Yongxin: a CEO or a monk? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-10-17 17:33:49 |Display all floors
As an important part of Chinese culture, Chinese kongfu represented by Shaolin temple should be made more widely known across the world...! Commercialization is,after all, an effective way of popularizing it...! In my opinion, to be qualified to fulfil such a task, u are supposed to be a mink and CEO as well...!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-17 18:00:02 |Display all floors
A CEO running business for Shaolin Temple is acceptable to me if he doesn't wear the monk's outfit.
I prefer the head of Shaolin Temple should be a spiritual icon. He can have a CEO for marketing and other Shaolin monks for kungfu stars.
Vision without action is illusion---Y.J.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-19 05:10:13 |Display all floors
every monk should have one of these
amv12-2.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-19 06:25:46 |Display all floors
If I can beat them up then they are indeed business men.
I better go pratice my buddist palm.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-19 08:05:09 |Display all floors
I thought in buddhist teachings when you become a monk you sacrfice all things materialstic in this world thus lose all insecurities...seems like this 'businessman on beads' only lost his hair, shirts and shoes. I can't even call him a monk...he's as much of a buddhist as CaringHK -- but definately not a monk no more.
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-19 08:42:13 |Display all floors
everything changes as times goes by...! so does our concept about buddist teachings...! it's the way civilization evolves...!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-19 10:05:32 |Display all floors
Shi's promotion of Wushu thoughout the world indeed bears fruit, as can be seen from the many international participants of seclustion in Shaolin temple and the ongoing Wushu competition in Zhengzhou, capital of Henan province.

But it seems Wushu becomes the only thing people can associate with when talking about Shaolin. Do people know more about  the Zen Buddhism, which emphasizes enlightening through meditaiton and has been for long the spiritual foundation of Shaoling philosophy?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.