Out of sight, out of mind.

在网上查,有两种译本:
A   久违情疏。
B  眼不见,心不烦。

到底哪个是英文的原意啊?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-11 09:25:57 |Display all floors
Out of sight, out of mind.

something that you say which means if you do not hear about or see someone or something for a period of time, you stop thinking about them
这是英文确切的解释
个人倾向于第一种答案
人生只有一次没有任何理由允许你去浪费!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-11 09:25:59 |Display all floors

未必是心烦啊

眼不见,心不想。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-11 09:45:59 |Display all floors

B is more likely chinese saying

many chinese people say B in their daily life. I think it is A.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-11 09:48:58 |Display all floors

http://www.goenglish.com/OutOfSightOutOfMind.asp

"out of sight, out of mind"
There are some things which we think about only as long as we can see them in front of us; when we can no longer see them (out of sight) we forget about them (out of mind). Example: "As soon as I leave the room, he just forgets what I told him to do!" Answer: "Out of sight, out of mind." Something which is easily fogotten when you can no longer see it is "out of sight, out of mind." Example: "I meant to read that book, but as soon as I put it down, I forgot about it." Answer: "Out of sight, out of mind." Some things we need to see (sight) in order to remember (mind); they are "out of sight, out of mind."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-11 09:50:53 |Display all floors
She promised to write when she moved to another state,but she hasn't.I suppose it's a case of out of sight,out of mind.
她答应过到另一个州后会写信来的,可是她并没有写。我想这说明眼不见,心不想,不见到的人会很快被人忘了的。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-11 10:12:58 |Display all floors
out of sight, out of mind
If one doesn't see something for an extended period of time, one tends to forget about it.  A proverb. After Caroline moved out of town, Ray soon found other women to date. As the saying goes, "out of sight, out of mind."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.