Author: whataboutbob

teach me the Chinese language [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-10-9 12:35:55 |Display all floors
Here is a webside for you! I think it is pretty good for you cause you can learn chinese on line.
And all the teachers are chinese. And one of my foreign friends is learning chinese  there.
Try it !
You may love it!
www.chinesehorizon.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-9 13:04:14 |Display all floors
~~ I, for one, have little interest in  Maderine~~~
I always feel embarrased when some friends (from manderine-speaking provinces) comment that my maderine pronounciation is a bit bad...(maybe very bad or too bad.....I am not sure...)~~~~  :L~~

[ Last edited by ivyfantasy at 2006-10-9 01:15 PM ]
I wish everyone healthy!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-10 01:55:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ivyfantasy at 2006-10-9 13:04
~~ I, for one, have little interest in  Maderine~~~
I always feel embarrased when some friends (from manderine-speaking provinces) comment that my maderine pronounciation is a bit bad...(maybe ...

Don't worry, I speak imperfect mandarin with my perfect catonese accent.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-10 07:56:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by whataboutbob at 2006-10-9 03:20

Until I can enroll in a class, which won't be until February, I would like to get a head start on learning the language with a CD/DVD program.   Do you have any  recommendations?

There is only one language package worth mentioning, even if the Mac port sucks big time: Wenlin.

But do yourself a favor and avoid any computer software for the first two years. You will become dependent on the package, and that's not what you want.

You should start getting some course books and practice characters until you start formal class, beecause that is what is going to take most time anyway. There are no shortcuts, so you might as well learn a thousand characters while you wait. Learn 70 characters  a week, ten a day. Draw each character 100 times the first time, according to stroke order. Then repeat everyday.
瑞典人,活着为中国娃娃而死。汉学家、工程师、摄影师、网页设计师等等。爱好:政治、历史、科技、文化等。王菲迷。自由主义者。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-10 12:02:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thunderbird at 2006-10-10 01:55

Don't worry, I speak imperfect mandarin with my perfect catonese accent.

Did I say I worry about it?;P Uncle bird?~~ :lol;P:)
I wish everyone healthy!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.