Author: plasmalupus

Nuclear North Korea??? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-10-8 15:40:05 |Display all floors

NK test?

"North Korea is especially unhappy with China," the source told Reuters after speaking with senior North Korean officials.

"This is chauvinism. North Korea does not need Chinese protection. North Korea is no longer a dependency," the source cited the North Koreans as saying.

Pyongyang's nuclear test could now come as early as this week, the source said.

A second source with ties to the Chinese leadership said Beijing was alarmed that the chosen test site, deep inside an old coal mine in the north of the country, was just a few hundred kilometers (miles) from the Chinese border.

"It could have grave consequences on the environment in northeast China," said the source who asked not to be identified.

I WILL GO OUT ON A LIMB HERE AND ASSUME THAT SINCE CHINA  ALREADY HAS ONE NUCLEAR TEST SITE IT DOES NOT NEED TWO....  

IRONIC THAT NORTH KOREAN IDEA OF NUCLEAR POWER IS SETTING OF A BOMB OFF IN A COAL MINE..........   A HYBRID POWER PLANT TO PRODUCE LOTS OF ELECTRICITY AND HELP HIS PEOPLE?    IS KIM SMOKING CRACK AGAIN?

WITH FRIENDS LIKE KIM, CHINA DON'T NEED AN ENEMY.....
Communication is the most important source of personal power.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-9 21:14:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by bornne at 2006-10-8 10:39

I think so

the test is a protest to USA and japan , and also one manner to raise the international status

what now that China strongly demands the DPRK abide by its commitment to go nuclear free?
Did DPRK ever make a commitment on this?

http://english.peopledaily.com.c ... 0061009_310158.html
October 9, 2006

The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) outrageously conducted a nuclear test on October 9th in defiance of unanimous opposition from the international community, and the Chinese government voices its firm opposition to the test.

It is the Chinese government's unswerving and consistent position to enable the (Korean) Peninsula to go nuclear-free and oppose nuclear proliferation. The Chinese side strongly demands the DPRK side abide by its commitment to going nuclear free, halt all the activities that will possibly lead to the further deterioration of the situation and once again return to the track of the Six-Party talks.
Vision without action is illusion---Y.J.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-9 21:54:46 |Display all floors

Hahaha ....

I do not know what others think but I think Mr Kim is COOL.

He's OKAY, don't worry and the world should not be too alarmed.

:)    

Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2006-10-9 21:57:03 |Display all floors

Yes I second that...

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-9 23:44:17 |Display all floors
on the 2nd of september 1945 in Tokyo harbour the peace treaty was signed ending the second WORLD war, a co signatory of that peace treaty was Chinas hsu young-chang, the bomb was dropped on Hiroshima on the 6th of August 1945 and then on the 9th of August after Japan refused to surender, it would help if you used facts when you put your narrow minded views forward, if you think the whole second world war was fought just for some sort of benefit for Japan or America then you need to have a good look at the history book's. :)
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-10 00:13:17 |Display all floors

Don't Worry

What are they going to do? Make more? Develop delivery systems? That takes time and would be suicide if they used them against anyone.

They should use America as a role model. They would never own a nuclear bomb. Oh wait, they own thousands. Well at least America would never use one. Oh wait again, sorry, they dropped two smack in the middle of major cities.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-10 23:10:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cyberspook at 2006-10-9 23:44
on the 2nd of september 1945 in Tokyo harbour the peace treaty was signed ending the second WORLD war, a co signatory of that peace treaty was Chinas hsu young-chang, the bomb was dropped on Hirosh ...

Thank you.  I got the hint when a forumite reminded me of revisionist history.

But I should clarify what I wrote in post 17.

It wasn't really a "talk show" that it was said that the Americans dropped the bombs after the Japanese surrendered.  It was at a World Debate forum and the person who said that was a distinguished guest, a nobel prize winner, an Aussie lady.

:)

[ Last edited by immouse at 2006-10-10 11:27 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.