Author: jean27

From Finland [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-10-10 14:32:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thunderbird at 2006-10-5 03:02

You must have very light blonde hair? That would be a positve attribute! :lolAs long as you are a gentleman, you will make lots of friends with Chinese ladies in no time. Bless you and your ...

that's right, people here in China make friends with gentlemen...!  i think u are surely a gentleman and will act the way a gentleman does wherever u go, and be greeted with friendly 'hello' and smiles wherever u are...! dont worry, young man!!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-10 16:54:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by kossutin at 10-9-2006 20:32

Hehe.. That's odd I didn't noticed people are watching me until I cut my hair as short as possible almost like bald after that I really noticed that people are watching me like they have never  ...

well, i haven't figured out exactly why they stare.  it's complex actually...i'm trying to figure out when it is they stare most and so far it's very random, though i think i get more jaws dropping to the groun during rush hour when all one billion of them are riding their e-bikes.....somethiing about just getting off work and seeing a lao wai is intriguing i guess.  othertimes nobody will even bat an eye...its a very odd patern.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-10 16:56:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mikeghet at 10-10-2006 16:54

well, i haven't figured out exactly why they stare.  it's complex actually...i'm trying to figure out when it is they stare most and so far it's very random, though i think i get more jaws dr ...

it's funny, as i was riding in a taxi today i started thinking that when i get back to the USA i should scream across the street at chinese people (or anyone that 'looks chinese' ;-), and yell NI HAO!!!  if they ask why i'm being an idiot i'll just tell 'em it's because they look different, or that i'm practising my mandarin.  funny, huh?  i'm just having some fun...just teasing.  

[ Last edited by mikeghet at 2006-10-10 05:06 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-10 20:45:08 |Display all floors
Ni hao

It sounds pretty easy to finding friends in China. Me with my blue eyes and blond hair must look different. I really am a good guy so maybe people likes me. I think that you can not live with your self if you are not gentlemen. In Finland and Scandinavia people are very equal and respecting each other. I am respecting other people and other cultures, so I have to manage in China. Just being friendly to everybody.

It is just great to get new friends from different places.

-Jean-

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-10 22:00:39 |Display all floors

hi

jean is right.
make a friend with everyone.almost all the Chinese girl dont like becoming your girlfriend at the first time.
when both of you find the feeling,the relation will begin.she will become your girlfriend.

this is the traditional culture,so the result.

good luck in China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-11 02:13:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mikeghet at 2006-10-10 16:56

it's funny, as i was riding in a taxi today i started thinking that when i get back to the USA i should scream across the street at chinese people (or anyone that 'looks chinese' ;-), and y ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-11 02:15:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jean27 at 2006-10-10 20:45
Ni hao

It sounds pretty easy to finding friends in China. Me with my blue eyes and blond hair must look different. I really am a good guy so maybe people likes me. I think that you can not live  ...

Great to hear from you again. Wish you the best time in China (and make lots of good friends).

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.