Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-5 17:25:24 |Display all floors

my suspicion has NOT yet been

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-5 17:29:33 |Display all floors
Chinese Yang, take a pill!

I was referring to how some people politicize religion. Where did I ever refer to the government. I never made claims that religion was necessarily politicized in China. I was addressing the fact that many Chinese do have concerns about religion being used for political gain, as is the case in the US. I was merely trying to present possible ways to ensure that religion can be free in China while still being kept from being politicized. This is a fine balancing act indeed.

But seeing that I'd stated from the start that I intended for this thread to focus on solutions and not problems, may I request, as a solution to keeping this thread focussed on solutions, that problems not post in this thread.
四海之内皆兄弟
-孔子

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-5 17:48:43 |Display all floors

Lie:

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-5 18:10:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chinese_yang at 2006-10-5 17:48

evidence: "Solutions to the politicization of religion in China".

If "politiciation of religion in China" has not been made an asserted "fact" (by you), you would not have came up with "solution to" it.

your implication was obvious.

do you have any solution to the criminal and barbarous murders of the Iraqi inncoents under the pretext of religion?  

Well, it's clear that if there is gret fear among Chinese of Zionism taking over, then some policy must be adopted to ensure that doesn't happen, no? Whether I believe this threat is real or not isn't even the point (I believe it's a possible threat, but again, my personal beliefs here have no bearing on this). If the general population beleives it to be a threat, then a policy must be devised to ensure it cannot happen.

As for support for the war in Iraq under the pretext of religion, I can see some solutions:

First at the International level:

1. Nations could choose loyalty to the UN over loyalty to the US. One example being Canada. The only reason it showed up in Afghanistan was due to UN request for help. The UN acknowledged that the US had violated international protocol in its attack on Iraq, and so Canada witheld itself from it. Although I think Canada could do more by withdrawing from all alliances other than through the UN. By being a member of Nato, Canada risks protraying itself as biassed. China is an example of such a country too. It has held back from Iraq due to its being illegal. Yet China has helped in Haiti, again at UN, not US, request, just as was the case with Canada in Afghanistan. In this way, Canada and China are transfering power from one hegemonic nation to a more balanced organization. Canada could certainly learn from China in its relatively neutral foreign policy of restraint from alliances. To shift loyalty from the US to the UN effectively sends a message to the US government that international law must be obeyed if the US doesn't want to find itself alone in the future.

2. Canada and China could collaborate in the adoption or creation, and then promotion, of an easier universal auxiliary language. That would go far in promoting more just relations between countries without giving native speakers of a particular language, and their countries, a special unfair advantage on the world scene.

At the national level:

1. The Canadian provincial governments (since education is a provincial, not federal matter) could likewise promote an easy-to-learn second language in their schools. This could be a step forward in giving Chinese students an easier alternative to English on the world stage.

2. Acknowledging that the politicization is of religion can be a problem in Canada likewise, with a Zionist element there too, and acknowledging that ignorance of ones own religion can be a contributing factor in attracting people to such ideologies, compulsory education in world religious literature could be introduced in Canada in a similar manner as it could in China. For example, the KJV Bible could be introduced as literature, along with Rodwell's Koran. The Analects of Confucius, the Tao Te Jing, the Tripitakas, and  the Baghavad Gita, among others, could be some example texts from which to choose. This would help Canadian students to better understand other cultures, religions, faiths, phylosophies, etc, as well as read religious literature with a more critical eye, thus helping to curb the fanaticism and ignorance.

3. Canada could also ban simultaneous membership in both religious and political organizations. this might be a tough sell in Canada, but one could argue that it would not infringe upon religion in the least since no one would be prevented form joining any religious organization. The option would always be there should he resing from any political organization. Add to that that if he's so loyal to his faith, he should not need to join a political organizaion anyway. Hard sell, but worth a try.

These are some ideas. If you have some better ones, plese let me know.
四海之内皆兄弟
-孔子

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-5 18:12:07 |Display all floors
Again,, Chinese Yang. The purpose of this thread is SOLUTIONS. So instead of just slandering everyone, give us some solutions, will ya.
四海之内皆兄弟
-孔子

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-5 18:29:21 |Display all floors

here is the solution:

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.