北京举行斗蟋蟀大赛 C-E [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-10-5 06:16:35 |Display all floors
"cricket lover" is good

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-5 09:51:23 |Display all floors
i prefer "cricket fan"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-5 13:44:25 |Display all floors
Maybe this is a "cultural note" but even as an American, without the photo, I would have thought you meant "cricket," the bat-and-ball game that has some similarities to baseball.

I wouldn't say "cricket fan" or "cricket lover" because that sounds as if they like the crickets (which also might be true). "Cricket-fighting fans" sounds like the fans had to battle with the crickets to get to see the competition.

Maybe "fans of cricket fighting" is the clearest, at least for people who are not really familiar with that type of competition.

And I agree with coolmax: We should leave the Polish soldiers out of it.
cricket.png

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-5 14:06:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by barcelona at 2006-10-4 10:33
Yesterady morning, dozens of cricket-fighting fans brought their own "brave warriors" to join the cricket-fighting contest in Beijing Hongyan market.

同意coolmax!

try with fans of cricket fighting:

yesterday morning, dozens of fans of cricket fighting brought their own "brave worriors," the best of their trained fighting crickets, to join a contest held in beijing hongyan market.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-5 14:58:52 |Display all floors
向楼上学一下哈哈!谢谢
warrior,后来想了一下去掉brave都行.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-5 15:06:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by nyleda at 2006-10-4 10:06 PM
dozens of fans of cricket fighting brought their own "brave warriors," the best of their trained fighting crickets...
Are they really "trained"? Can you train crickets to fight? I'm wondering—I'd be surprised…

"Experienced" or perhaps "battle-tested" is another matter…

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.