Views: 4079|Replies: 18

Need Help again with Chinese Culture again [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-9-29 23:53:00 |Display all floors
My Chinese girlfriend wants to marry me next month.  She has a hot temper especially after work and I want to make sure everything is fine before we get married.  So, I asked her to live with me first.  She declined.  So, I asked her to move in for 1 week only (not the holiday, 1 work week).  She got mad saying it was not part of chinese culture and absolutely refused to do it.

I said "You lived with your last boyfriend for a year".  She got angry and said "1) He was living in Germany and I moved there to be with him - it was different culture.  2) Not fair to compare.  If we compare then you are not as attractive as my ex-boyfriend and your body shape is not as good, etc... 3) This is China - it is not done in Chinese culture.  I will not live with you not even for a week until after marriage.

My background - I was married to a Mexican girl who married me only for a greencard.   I never want to divorce again.  I just want to know what it would be like to live with her while she works.  

So, am I wrong again to ask for her to move in for a week.  I just want everything to be perfect and I don't think I am asking for too much to move in for 1 week.  But she absolutely refuses and says I need to learn Chinese culture.

So, am I wrong again?

By the way.  I do appreciate your all's help on the other topics.  Yes, I do not write back but I did learn my mistakes and she loves me more for it.  So, thank you all!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-30 00:08:40 |Display all floors

Welcome back with ur new thread, but.....

Now ur story is different that the other ones that u posted before ( with no reply )

http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/vie ... &extra=page%3D7

but

asking to ur gf to live for one week, it is about ur needs of sex again?

i think u need professional help

good luck

--

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-30 01:11:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by spaceman at 29-9-2006 03:53 PM
My Chinese girlfriend wants to marry me next month.  

Right, I see ... That is a very odd way to describe an engagement.

I agree with force_one ... Is this your "sex" need again?

This is not about culture ... I don't think that you understand relationships or women.

You seem to be very immature. I hope I am wrong.
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-30 01:29:08 |Display all floors
Let me just say that your girlfriend sounds like a b*tch. "You're not as good-looking as my ex" is something no girlfriend should ever, EVER say, especially if they're trying to get you to do something for them (like marry them).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-30 06:52:16 |Display all floors
I concur with sock, obviously she has compared you to her other b/f at some length, I fear you are headed for divorce No 2 at this rate, and were not even talking about your sex hangup yet, if you think that sex is all you require to be happy with her then maybe you should keep looking for that nymphomaniac, I think you would be happy then.
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-30 11:33:29 |Display all floors

me too...

Originally posted by cyberspook at 2006-9-30 06:52
I concur with sock,  ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-30 11:44:47 |Display all floors
my opinion , ur gf not really love u ,and she still lives in her ex-bf’s shadow .

in china ,there’re truly girls with traditional thought not want to live together before marriage .

but ,ur gf obviously not , for she lived together with her ex-bf before ,and now she used the traditional culture as excuse ,what an absurd thing .

think it over

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.