Author: canchin

A dissertation on one difference between Chinese and Americans [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-21 23:26:58 |Display all floors

Canchin,

I found your views very interesting, and informative.

I would give China's enormous economic success in the past 28 years towards China's 800 million farmers, who have my greatest respect in addition to one man called Deng Xiaoping.

Very happy to see more and more well-off "farmers" have now settled in China's cities, after those years of hard work. They deserve it.

[ Last edited by chinadaily at 2007-2-21 11:28 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-18 11:08:28 |Display all floors

Reply #12 emucentral's post

I'm gonna have to back up emu on this one. Too many times I see evidence, and news, of a$$hole coal mine owners driving around in Bentleys or Rolls' and their workers get killed, far too damn prevalent sadly! Time to do something about it, don't you think? Nobody should die to feed their family!
Nuff said,
Peace y'all !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-16 16:26:45 |Display all floors
I disagree with the OP.

I found that in China, there was far *less* sense of civic pride and so on than in the UK (which is saying something).  Look at all the rubbish on teh streets - this arises from a profound sense of personal narcissism.  "I can chuck this on the ground as nobody else matters".

While the government in China may talk up the sense of common nationhood, it's all a bit artificial when you look at the reality of China and the fact that, to a far greater extent than in the west, people really are just after a fast buck, and couldn't give two hoots about the person next to them - hence the aforementioned rubbish, the terrible driving, the complete lack of decent public services, and so on.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-16 16:32:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by canchin at 2006-9-29 14:13
The major difference - at least as it seems to me after my time here and with my background of "not" being here - is that in America - and to be fair, other so-called western countries (i ...

Vive le Difference! between UTT westerns & chinese
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-16 17:17:11 |Display all floors
Tired with these peoples who just can see differences and will demonstrate it with A+B then C ...

Remember one thing: peoples, no matter they are from, have FAR MORE COMMON POINTS THAN DIFFERENCES!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-16 22:22:39 |Display all floors

Hm...

... that reminds me, what has happened to Canchin?  After the rather nasty shocks in the Chinese Economy - has he, and other laowai, seen good o' human nature in action?
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-17 01:20:30 |Display all floors
The Chinese are wise and have a rather unmilitary foreign policy.
The Americans are dumb and have a military policy as it is too hard for them to think of a solution.
Look at the bloody mess these idiots have made in country after country!

Therefore, the dumb Americans needs to learn from China about reluctance to use military force.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.