Many people from China settle down in Toronto, Ontario! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-9-30 23:28:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by baiygod at 2006-9-30 11:02
AD.  ?

What is your question please?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-1 00:06:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by janezhang88 at 2006-9-30 11:33

I just wonder why many chinese immigrants choose Canada for their first stop? because of its better policy or other reasons? one of my best classmate, after graduation, married a singaporean, two ...

It is more difficult to get into America compared to Canada. For example, many years ago, I was sponsored by one of my relatives in the states and it took almost ten years to secure my potential status in the states. At the time, I love Canada too much and decided to give up the opportunity to becoming an American citizen.

I have never used the Canadian social welfare system and don't intend to use it.

Some Chinese or other ethnic groups (including mainstream) may regard social welfare as a second line of defense that they can rely on during tough time. I am glad that we have such a social system as long as people do not abuse it. That's fine with me.

In general, we have jobs in Canada. And if you work hard, you will not go hungry. Canadian weather is similar to some of the places in Northern China. Most of the southern Chinese would definitely find Canada a bit too cold for them (even in Vancouver). Most Northern Chinese (Haerbin, Shenyang, Dalian) would find Canada just like home (in terms of weather, temperature and vegetation).

Canada is a peace-loving nation. It does not have CONSCRIPTION for military services.

Canada is a paradise for middle-class people. Why? Beause we are the majority.

Cheers:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-1 00:12:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xilaren at 2006-9-30 16:08

Thank you very much for the information.I want to learn more things about Barrie.
My friend is a Canadian lady.She is a teacher in a high school.
She was in Athens many years ago teaching Eng ...

It is "good" to have connections. More fun in life! Ask her to send you pictures via internet. I am sure you have already done that. I am just an old windpipe!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-1 09:27:39 |Display all floors
More business opportunities!
Dscn8324.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-1 09:29:21 |Display all floors
More BS from the Bird.
Dscn8325.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-1 09:31:39 |Display all floors
More sightseeing from the Bird with love.
Dscn8326.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-1 09:32:57 |Display all floors
More from the bird.
Dscn8327.jpg

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.