Author: thunderbird

Many people from China settle down in Toronto, Ontario! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-9-29 23:38:39 |Display all floors
I will post more tomorrow. Apparently, as of today, I have exceeded my posting limits.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2006-9-30 06:40:17 |Display all floors

I have a friend

Originally posted by thunderbird at 2006-9-29 23:38
I will post more tomorrow. Apparently, as of today, I have exceeded my posting limits.

I have a very good friend of mine whi lives in Bary in Toronto.I do not know if I have written it correctly.
She has invited me so many times to visit her.It is in my plans .Do you know this city?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-30 10:59:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xilaren at 2006-9-30 06:40

I have a very good friend of mine whi lives in Bary in Toronto.I do not know if I have written it correctly.
She has invited me so many times to visit her.It is in my plans .Do you know this ...

Please refer to #2 map (Lake Simcoe)

Barrie is located on the left hand side of Lake Simcoe. Please visit Barrie web site for details http://www.city.barrie.on.ca/Hom ... &MI=2&L1M=2

I passed by Barrie many times. It has more people than Whitby and less than Guelph. I really don't know the city that well. It is not part of Toronto. What does your friend do?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-30 11:02:09 |Display all floors
AD.  ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-30 11:33:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thunderbird at 2006-9-29 09:15

Actually many Chinese also settled in many other cities i.e. London, Waterloo, Guelph, Ottawa, Kingston etc.... However, Toronto is a very popular destination for new immigrants. That is why To ...

I just wonder why many chinese immigrants choose Canada for their first stop? because of its better policy or other reasons? one of my best classmate, after graduation, married a singaporean, two or three years later, moved to Canada with her husband, again, several years past, they settled down in America. one of the moving reason maybe is that she cant stand the cold winter in Canada,
Canada,like a bridge which links China and America.
:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-30 11:52:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by janezhang88 at 2006-9-30 11:33

I just wonder why many chinese immigrants choose Canada for their first stop? because of its better policy or other reasons? one of my best classmate, after graduation, married a singaporean, two ...
Canada is called the paradise of poor by Chinese .

for it’s sound social security system and easy to get the visa and green card  .

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2006-9-30 16:08:25 |Display all floors

re

Originally posted by thunderbird at 2006-9-30 10:59

Please refer to #2 map (Lake Simcoe)

Barrie is located on the left hand side of Lake Simcoe. Please visit Barrie web site for details [url]http://www.city.barrie.on.ca/Home.cfm?C=5224&SC ...

Thank you very much for the information.I want to learn more things about Barrie.
My friend is a Canadian lady.She is a teacher in a high school.
She was in Athens many years ago teaching English.We worked in the same school.
We used to be very close.I have not seen her for many years but I have invited her daughter many times Who came to  spend her holidays with us in a greek island.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.