Author: thunderbird

Many people from China settle down in Toronto, Ontario! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-9-29 04:14:19 |Display all floors
Last but not least for your reading pleasure.
Dscn8315.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-29 04:17:20 |Display all floors
Please post your comments. I will take any serious or light questions and/or opinions. I hope you have enjoyed this presentation.:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-29 07:56:27 |Display all floors

Vancouver or Toronto

I was impressed with Vancouver, but I have not been to Toronto. House prices seem reasonable, one get grab a freehold title, quarter acre block for 0.5 mil, that's good going. Your neighbours could be into hard-rock or a bikie gang and you won't know the difference. Clean country, too. Let's hope my people keep it that way.

Like that mock-Tudor style, but outside my bracket.

How is the ethanol market in Canada, any people keen on alternative energy industry? If one doesn't want to eat bio-genetically modified corn, maybe you can develop a process to turn that into ethanol? Does Canada mix ethanol with unleaded 90-octane fuel?

[ Last edited by cestmoi at 2006-9-29 07:58 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-29 08:46:53 |Display all floors

Ahhh Canada

It's only 2000 kilometres south to the next place with drinkable beer.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-29 08:47:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thunderbird at 2006-9-29 03:32
Do you know how big is Ontario? Let me show you a map of just Southern Ontario and some well-known places (cities). I hope I am helping some people to connect some of their loose mental dots about  ...

A window of Ontario,Toronto,or other big cities in Canada, from which we can know them very well, it is really good for those guys who are going to settle down in your country. you did a good job!:):)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-29 09:01:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cestmoi at 2006-9-29 07:56
I was impressed with Vancouver, but I have not been to Toronto. House prices seem reasonable, one get grab a freehold title, quarter acre block for 0.5 mil, that's good going. Your neighbours could ...

As far as I know, ethanol market is not that popular in Ontario Compared to diesel fuel and regular gas.

However, according to the Ministry of Agriculture Food and Rural Affairs, Ethanol is currently exempt from the Provincial gasoline tax of 14.7 cents-per-litre and from the Federal excise tax of 10 cents-per-litre.

Ethanol-blended gasoline is available at several gasoline retailers in Ontario.

In Ontario, Commercial Alcohols Inc. produces approximately 150 million litres of ethanol in Ontario each year, using roughly 15 million bushels of corn.

Yes, there are initatives regarding alternative renewable energy. Well, my friends and I are still waiting for the solar and wind industry to lower their cost. It is simply too expensive to install alternative means at the current level of cost.

Vancouver is lot more warmer than Toronto in winter. However, some people can't stand the dampness in Vancouver (it rains a lot in winter).

As far as hard-rock or biker gangs, they are everywhere. You can't avoid them. Many years ago, a biker gang lived right across my house. Beside seeing lots of bikes, nothing really spectacular happened until there was a fire which burned down the whole house and consequently the biker gang moved. :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-29 09:06:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2006-9-29 08:46
It's only 2000 kilometres south to the next place with drinkable beer.

You are welcome to come and drink all you can to your heart delight. I am no longer a beer drinker. But I still remember those good old days. I drink light and only light, nothing but light.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.