Author: whirlingone

Are u sending out moon cakes as gifts? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-9-29 18:45:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cyberspook at 2006-9-29 18:37
thank you all for telling me what I needed to know, I'm not sure I would like the salty egg one though :)

the salty egg moon cake is good. But don't eat too much, the yolk dosn't digest.
Boating on the Houhai River...在后海泛舟...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-1 21:19:42 |Display all floors

HELP ME PLEASE

I got a fancy box of them from my employer. And a bag with a packaged marinating duck in it. Um, I'm vegetarian, and my son will not eat it if you paid him. It has a head. My boss is not just a boss, she's very close, it's her kids I am tutoring and she's very friendly... should I remind her I'm vegetarian and offer it back? Or should I give it to a neighbor I don't even know? Or should I take it shopping next time and give it to a beggar I come across?

If I give it away, and she asks how my son liked it, I don't want to lie.... I really really am not good at lying, and I have a problem with it and I don't like to do it.

What should I do?
I'm an honest person and I will see her regularly & casually, she's not just a distant boss behind a desk. Would it be insulting to offer it back, with thanks & apologies?
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-1 22:22:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2006-10-1 21:19
I got a fancy box of them from my employer. And a bag with a packaged marinating duck in it. Um, I'm vegetarian, and my son will not eat it if you paid him. It has a head. My boss is not just a bos ...

I have a VEEEERY good idea, why not forward it to me? I would thank you awfully
(just kidding)
In China, we have a saying, 礼轻情意重( The gift is trifling, But the feeling is profound/ The gift isn't much, but it means a lot)
if you understand this saying, you would see why your employer present you that box.
In general, offering it back is pretty impolite. i think you can figure the situation for yourself.
anyway, you should thank her for her gift, even you are a vegetarian.
if you like, you can give it to you neighbor, but not a beggar. Or, you boss would think you look down on the gift.
Of course, you MUST tell your employer you are vegetarian, as a result, she would pay more attention to this in the future. Certainly, to express your apology as well as thankfulness, you can buy a small gift to give her. I think she would understand your intention, After all, she's very close as you said.
Do not worry about too much, please feel free. Actually, it doesn't matter.
Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-1 22:36:43 |Display all floors

hang on to it...

Originally posted by freakyqi at 2006-10-1 21:19
I'm vegetarian, and my son will not eat it if you paid him....

after a few more days living off cheese sandwiches your son might have a change of heart...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-1 22:46:31 |Display all floors
Why not send cheese cake instead :)...........also a kind of cake whatsoever
I feared pain until I learned that it's necessary for growth.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-1 23:18:12 |Display all floors
I haven't. I am working and working, have no time. I send email and message to my friends.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-2 04:26:38 |Display all floors
what did they taste like freakyqi ? did you get a salty egg one ? you need to let her know your a vegiematarian ( spelling mistake intentional ) or you will recieve more meaty things, tampax is right your boss was more concerned with the sentiment than the content :)
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.