Views: 1576|Replies: 0

请批评指正 (C-E),看是否符合老外的阅读习惯 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-9-26 10:19:54 |Display all floors
我很乐意向你们推荐胡。我对胡非常了解,不仅因为他是我的学生,而且三年多来,胡作为年级学生会的干部,也要经常和我联系。由于他的诚实正直很值得信赖,我有许多事务在需要找学生协助时,总是第一个想到他。
It’s my pleasure to recommend Mr. Hu. I know Mr. Hu quite well not only that he is my student but that for more than three years he keep close contact with me from time to time as a cadre of the students' union of the grade. As he is very honest and worthy of trust, he is the first student I turn to for help whenever I am fully occupied with many tricky matters and need a helper.
第一学年,他由于担任班长,和年级学生会干部,参与大量的学生社团活动,一度使学习受到影响。后来,他对自己的工作和学习做了合理的安排,成绩也逐年提高,到了大三,他的排名已经升至前例。
In the first semester, being monitor and cadre of the student union of grade, he participated in a lot of activities of the student community and for a short period of time his lessons were kind of affected. Later on, he kept a good balance between his work and studies, so he gradually improved his scores and he came to the forefront in terms of score ranking in his sophomore year.   
其实,这样的排名并未有完全反映出他学习的能力和潜力。因为在我们录取的那一届上海新生中,他的成绩排名第一。我从他的几次谈话中可以看出,他对成绩排名并不太在意,他主要是按照自己的兴趣和发展目标所需要的知识结构在学习。在这点上他显出同龄段人难有的学习的独立自主性和自信。
Honestly speaking, such a ranking can not completely tally with his capability and potentials in learning. As a matter of fact, among the newly recruited students from Shanghai, he ranked in the first place in terms of his NCEE score. From my initial dialogs with him, I learned that he was not quite concerned about the score ranking but that he mainly oriented his learning towards the knowledge structure as required by his own interest and the future development objective. So in this respect, he distinguished himself distinctly from contemporaries by displaying strong independence and confidence.   
胡因为编程能力强,在大一暑假时就被我们提前选入学院本科创业基金活动组,开始参与机器人项目的开发。大四他将进入学校机器人研究团队,这对他进一步提高编程能力将有很大帮助。
Mr. Hu is rather competent at programming and for this reason he screened him as a member of the undergraduate start-up activity group during his freshman summer vocation and he started to participate in the development of the robot project. In his senior year, he joined the school robot R&D team, which contributed favorably to the further improvement of his programming capability.  
他具有很强的数学思维能力,对数字有特别的研究兴趣。他曾将计算机的二进位制,和中国古老的“易经”中两个最基本元素,最基本符号:阳爻“—”和阴爻“- -”联想到一起,想探讨它们共有的数理逻辑。那段时间,他着了迷似的尝试用数学建模来研究 “易经”。我对他的这个课外研究感到奇怪。后来我才知道,他是在帮助他的爷爷。他的爷爷是著名的物理特级教师(在中国这是由邓小平亲自命名的中学教师的最高荣誉),退休后,一直就在研究“易经”。他希望胡用信息技术来协助他。胡告诉我:爷爷从小就重视训练他的数学能力,让他受益非浅。
He excels in mathematical thinking capacity and shows special research interest in numbers. He subtly associates the binary system of the computer with the two most basic elements (or two most basic symbols) in the ancient Chinese I-Ching Studies, respectively Unbroken Line (Yang Line) and Broken Line (Yin Line) in a bid to delve into the mathematical logic between them. During that period of time, he seemed to have been crazy about the research of I-Ching Studies by means of Mathematical Modeling. I then thought it quite queer that was so devoted to his extracurricular research. However, it was long before I learned that he obtained quite a lot assistance from his grandfather who was honorably awarded the title of a famous national first-class physics teacher (this is the supreme honor specially named by late Deng Xiaoping) and was devoted to the persistent pursuit of the detailed study of I-Ching Studies after his retirement. It was his grandfather’s wish that Mr. Hu could assist him by taking advantage of the information technology. Mr. Hu later told me that his grandfather set great store by training his mathematical capacity. He did benefit substantially from his early training in this respect.
由于他的英语好,学院有外国学校来参观,我们都安排他参与陪同。他作为学院英语晚会的主持人,为办好每年一次的晚会,他都很认真。有一次晚会结束后,我路过他们举办晚会的教室,当时夜里11点多,他还和几位同学在扫地,整理桌椅。
He is good at English and speaks English fluently, so every time when foreign visitors come for an inspection at the campus, he will be arranged as the guide and interpreter to them. He also acts as the compere of the college English Evenings. Towards each assignment he is very conscientious. Once after an English Evening was over, I passed the classroom where they held the evening party. To my great surprise, it was 11 o’clock at night but he was still making a cleaning and putting everything back in good order.  
他还作为队长和前锋率学院足球队连续两年(2004,2005年)获得全校足球赛冠军。在大一时,他甚至还获得过学校电子游戏竞赛的奖杯。
Being captain and forward of the college soccer team, he led the team and won the School Soccer Championship for two consecutive years (respectively 2004 and 2005). In his freshman year, he even won the trophy of the school electronic game competition.
作为一个富家子弟,他对自己一向要求很严格,在他身上丝毫看不到一点富家子弟的习气,这和他良好的家庭修养有很大关系。
He comes from a rich family but he is still very strict with himself with no trace of bad habits of the dandies, so it follows that his refined family moral cultivation plays a significant part.   
他是一个重感情的人。在今年三月,冶金学院的一个他的上海同学突发心脏病住院,他整夜守候在病床边。在这位好友病逝后,他同寝室的同学向我反映那几天里他经常在夜里低声抽涕。我决定让他回家休息几天。尽管后来他又恢复了正常的学习生活,但我听说,自此之后,他不再召集上海同学聚会了。
He is also a home-loving and affectionate young man. In March this year another student from Shanghai was hospitalized for a sudden heart attack and Mr. Hu watched for the hospitalized student by his bedside day and night. Unfortunately after all medical treatment failed and the hospitalized student went off, he, according to his roommates, whimpered at night for quite a few nights. In this consideration, I decide to arrange for him to get back home for a rest. Even though he came back to his normal life and studies, I learned that he never called together his Shanghai students for a union.   

他的缺点是有些急躁,容易感情冲动。我印象最深的是他和寝室的一个同学纠纷。那个学生在寝室里不允许别人发出一点声响,甚至同学之间轻声说几句话,他就要发脾气。胡为此和他交涉多次,有一次两人闹到几乎要打架的地步,并反应到我这里。事后,我对胡说:胡作为寝室长处理这样的矛盾,应该冷静些。如劝说无效,可向老师反映,由老师来处理。
Of course he has his own weaknesses, for example, at times he is a little impatient and apt to act at the mercy of an instant emotion. What impresses me most is once when he has a dispute with one of his roommates. His roommate would lose his temper whenever he finds someone in the room makes a sound or he finds some other students are even whispering in the room. For this Mr. Hu tried many times to come to terms with him but failed. What’s more, it went even so far as to such an extent that they almost fell out and came to fists, which was reported to me. After that, I told Mr. Hu that he, as head of my dormitory, should keep calm and be more sober-minded to treat things like this and that if positive measure were all taken and failed, he could also report the disputes to the teacher for a better solution.
总之,作为教师和系主任,我充分理解他的抱负志向和他对未来发展的设计。我用如此多地篇幅来介绍他,是发自内心的祝愿他能进入他一直渴慕的学校。如果需要,我愿为你们的评估提供更多的帮助。
All in all, as his teacher and the department head, I fully understand that he cherishes high ambitions and has already drawn a clear blueprint of his future development. I’ve tried to present a clear picture of Mr. Hu in these pages and it is my sincere wish that he could enter into his long-aspired school. I am willing to provide whatever assistance you need for his academic appraisal.

教授
信息工程学院电子信息工程系主任

Professor:
Head of Electronic Information Engineering Department of College of Information Engineering

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.