Author: chairman

Chinese creativity and innovation - the formula for advance. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-9-27 15:15:39 |Display all floors

or dear

chairman, you are trully a formidable debater.

but i prefer China will always remain a humble and learning nation.

Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2006-9-28 05:29:30 |Display all floors

jimmy67

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-28 14:29:18 |Display all floors

"people who question Chinese creativity..."

Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2006-9-29 00:22:30 |Display all floors

# 17 Chinese Yang

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-29 03:40:03 |Display all floors

What About the 21st Century

What About the 21st Century?

You ain't see nothing yet.

In this China century, the hard work and smart work of the Chinese shine.  Just this month, we count the announcement of the following:

(a)  In Sept. 2006, China launched the world's first pure IPv6 internet, breaking the IP address hogging bad habits of the hegemon.

http://www.chinatechnews.com/ind ... pe=news&id=4463

(b)  On Sept. 28, China announced the first operating artificial sun, which is only 10 years ahead of anyone else.

http://www.zeenews.com/znnew/art ... ssid=27&sid=ENV

While the world talks and plans about building one, the Chinese built one, and yesterday it became operational.  The Chinese all over the world can be proud.

Actually the achievements and innovations of the Chinese are truly amazing - the Chinese just do not like to brag.  Late in the 20th century, the West was all sure that China would lose 100,000,000 to SARS.  It was purely Chinese innovation and smart work that limited the casualty to less than a couple hundred, and in a short couple of years, China already has a vaccine in test.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-29 10:39:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by glasnost at 2006-9-25 18:32
Are people living in a society with freedom of speech and expression more creative?

This is what I have observed from working in two different creative industries, working with and befri ...

Yeah definitely. It's people who criticise established (or imposed) knowledge that lead to new discoveries (or realisation of mistakes).

As far as freedom of speech regarding science goes, I'd say China has improved much since the Mao years, where experts who know more than Mao about metallurgy, economics, or population dynamics were ignored or punished, resulting in terrible consequences. This is why there is a lot of improvement in science in recent years in China.

I haven't been back to China for many years, except on vacation, so I don't know for sure: how liberal exactly is the Chinese scientific community? I somewhat want return to China someday and work as a scientist, but I want to ask those who still live in China and are involved with science or technology: if you know or discover something that contradicts what the Chinese scientific community believes, will they listen to you or will they just ignore you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-29 10:50:54 |Display all floors

It Is The same Anywhere

Research is controlled by those who have access to money.  The professors who attract grants, the big name scientist in the corporation that run the technology departments - they control how the money is spent and what research gets done.  It is no different in China.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.