Views: 8529|Replies: 40

Farmers [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-9-23 14:58:07 |Display all floors
I think the farmers in China are heroes.

They grow all the food for the city people. When I go to visit the rural areas many of them live in places far away from the big towns and the roads are sometimes not so good, but the farmers don't mind the mud and heat and they work hard. I could not do what they do but without them the city people cannot do anything.

So I think they are heroes.

P.
"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-23 15:49:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pandamonium at 2006-9-23 14:58

They grow all the food for the city people. When I go to visit the rural areas many of them live in places far away from the big towns and the roads are  ...

but those city ppl look down upon them ,and think they are dirty and less-educated and mean ....i often heard someone has a bad critism on the farmers ....just like :look that man ,he looks like a peasant ...not dot wear clean clothing and the colour of the clothing do not match well ....wuuuu....!!!  in my memory ,the famed  
tv-host wanghang ,had ever said tht lixiang said i look like a peasant ,the clothing looks so bad ....
with those ,i can say tht in the eyes of the city ppl,peasant is not heroes ,they are more like ones who could just sell labour to earn money .....
and hi panda ,u have a lot needed to see and see clearly ....also practise is also wanted ,and the more ,the better ....throght those ,y may be able to address ath irony ,,,
futher depends on the dreams,so go on sleeping

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-23 18:11:22 |Display all floors

Reply #2 liliwujj's post

yes, most city folks are so self-serving that they thought  the foods on their tables came from the supermarkets.........they looked down on the rural folks because of the income disparity between them....city folks even looked down on other city folks.......so its nothing new about them looking down on others...........
It is important that man dreams, but it is perhaps equally important that he can laugh at his own dreams...............5555

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-23 23:29:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pandamonium at 2006-9-23 14:58

They grow all the food for the city people. When I go to visit the rural areas many of them live in places far away from the big towns and the roads are  ...

Yes,you are right in some sense.They work hard and support the whole society.The country can't go on without farmers.
but from another standpoint,not many of the farmers sweats,thinking that they are really doing something for others.They grow and culltivate the crops because they themselves have to find some way to survive.If you call farmers heroes,then workers are also heroes.Everybody  plays their particular role in the society and in this way,they contribute to the society,and,at the same time,support themselves.

also,more and more farmers are rushing to the cities to  seek fortune,especially the youth.Fewer of them would like to stick to only the mother nature.Those who stay in the country are mainly the old.They stay because they have no more energy to move and also it would be very hard for them to adjust themselves to city life...That is to say,they stay because there is no choice...

sorry for talking too much...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-24 00:32:21 |Display all floors
farmers have to work hard in order to live.
if not so ,do you think who will supply them?
virtually, all of them wish their children can be a official in future, if so ,they won't grow and culltivate.
there is no doubt that our government leaves sth to be desired about the problem of Agriculture,Ruralareas and Peasantry.
Real beauty lies not in the physical appearance,
but in the heart.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-24 04:52:19 |Display all floors

I have to agree that farmers are important and should be respected

It would be interesting to see some of the city people who think they are so great to go do some farming themselves. You never know until you try it yourself.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-25 03:38:49 |Display all floors

hard-life = hero?

Originally posted by pandamonium at 2006-9-23 02:58

Forgive my English

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.