Author: hidenseek

What language do you speak to your partner in? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-9-23 11:35:30 |Display all floors
hmm... how about chinglish
it is about the easiest way of communicating if she/he is a chinese with little english
or.... half chinese and half english, thats what i do with my brother when i am stucked on a chinese word
In college alone and I am loving it. ^^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-23 16:56:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by hearthome at 2006-9-21 22:55

But you are in the English world,right ?  

well yea but the basic idea applies everywhere.
- We don't dwell on the past, we remember it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-24 01:25:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by theconfused at 2006-9-22 11:16

some ppl think it's a bit impolite to talk in the languages they dont understand cuz they might get paranoid about what you say. but he was sort of over reacted, after all there's no need to ge ...

At this point is truth, i feel it's impolite to  talk a language in front of other that dont understand, it happened to me very often. I speak english and spanish, but not chinesse, very little, and in office when the employees talk in chinesse, i noticed that is not about work and it's fine, but sometimes i speak in spanish by phone with a client or family and they start to talk about my call, even i finished the call they still talking about what i said and look at me so i dont say anything, but sometimes when they talked i pretended that i understood something and i say "yeah, right" and they feel scare that i understood. but i didn't and  we laught,
sometimes they talked and i watch them trying to understand, they looked at me and they smile, so i said " i have a record machine here on my desk, and i recorded all ur conversations and my friend will translate for me later, so i will know what all of u said" they feel scare again and i lagught, anyway, it's just for fun, i have a very good relationship with my employees, i love them, thety are very nice and loyal guys.
But back to the topic, even people talk other language in front of us who doesnt understand is better to be calm and not to think too much about it, at least something serious happen, but better is to learn chinesse for better understanding.

--

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-24 14:33:52 |Display all floors
Why do Westerners IN CHINA find it impolite and rude when Chinese speak their own language together, but when Chinese or any foreigner goes to the West the Westerners not only speak their own language together but expect the Chinese/foriegner to speak their language.

And why the hell do the Chinese allow themselves to be bullied and told what to do in THEIR OWN COUNTRY???

Then again, Chinese do have an inferiority complex...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-24 14:38:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by metto81 at 2006-9-24 01:33
Why do Westerners IN CHINA find it impolite and rude when Chinese speak their own language together, but when Chinese or any foreigner goes to the West the Westerners not only speak their own langu ...

because you can speak english but they cant speak chinese. that's simple.
- We don't dwell on the past, we remember it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-24 14:44:33 |Display all floors

I agree with you.

When i am with foreigners and we can all speak Chinese, when a Chinese friends comes along that cant speak English we mainly use Chinese.  The other day we spoke for 2 minutes in English and we realised how rude we were.  
However some of the Chinese professors at my university who speak fluent English will speak mainly Chinese when we have a meeting with other foreigners.  I am the only one of the foreigners who understands Chinese.  So i translate into English for them and then the Chinese staff call me a SPY!
hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahha its so funny!

But i know so many foreigners whose attitude is, The chinese should learn English....well to them i say...you live in China, learn Chinese!

Blend in with your culture.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-24 14:51:54 |Display all floors
I don't have a problem with Chinese having to speak in English just so others can understand them for dear life. It's the people who have a superiority complex that think all Chinese should speak in English just so they (Westerners) don't have to waste time learning the language.

Here in America, everything is in English. This is America's way of forcing others to assimilate so they can be one under the American umbrella and help build the American empire.

China should do the same, otherwise China well never become a world power!

As for all the Chinese out there who want China to be all peacefull and not a world power. Think about it, for your 5,000 year history especially in the last 1,000 years you have been victims of others and made fun. Don't you think that you should turn the tables around?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.