Author: hidenseek

What language do you speak to your partner in? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-9-22 11:04:04 |Display all floors
dactylology (sign language) is probably one of the best choices...!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-22 11:05:20 |Display all floors

And what does that comprise of JY?

Cheng
is your mandarin very standard?  since you also speak Cantonese?
what language do you speak to your parents?
do your parents both speak Putonghua?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-22 11:08:43 |Display all floors
i also met one problem.      Once a couple came to see me, i invited them for dinner. The wife is my former classmate, the husband is from the UK.  At the table, we talked a lot in englsh but sometimes when we talked about our former classmates,  i talked with the wife in Chinese. And her wife would tell him the main contents of our talking ( for sure, we didn't talk long , and let him alone, no). But I didn't even notice her husband got upset. He controlled himself.  A month later,  he spoke out.  This made me embarrased and felt bad. Because i didn't intend to offence him and i didn't know he would get mad so easily just because we both Chinese spoke Chinese.  

Later on, i think if i were him, what's reaction?  I don't think i would get mad but i would ask if anything that i could share with you.

Will you get mad in this situation?  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-22 11:08:58 |Display all floors
i can't say much about it before i finish my training programs...!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-22 11:10:51 |Display all floors

When i didnt speak Chinese

i would often say....can we all please speak English, i feel left out of the conversation....and they would comply.  It was nice!  

But people who dont say anything....GRRRR makes me angry!

Now i am having the same problem with French...but i am picking it up so im sure soon we can just all speak french

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-22 11:11:40 |Display all floors
it does give me some headaches when i need to switch between chinese n english..
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-22 11:15:03 |Display all floors

What language do you struggle with translating from?

I struggle when i have to translate from Chinese to English, but going the other way i have no problem!  Kinda strange

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.