Author: matthew_aus

Marriage issue with Hunan Girl [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-9-22 14:30:09 |Display all floors
Officially she says yes. But we still eat together, cook for each other, wash cloths ,  just sleep in separate rooms. We share a car.  Our bank accounts are still shared. She wants the status to be separated so when 1 year is up  a divorce can be processed.   She'll save up and move out  eventually unless a change of heart occurs.  We have to work together in some description because we have a little daughter to look after especially she has work meetings.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-22 15:10:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by matthew_aus at 2006-9-22 14:30
Officially she says yes. But we still eat together, cook for each other, wash cloths ,  just sleep in separate rooms. We share a car.  Our bank accounts are still shared. She wants the status to be ...

I cant give you any advice,as i dont know the case well. but i wonder how long does this status last?
and how long can you stand it? Money is not the point, if she loves you, love you so much,  she doesnt
leave you only due to this reason.
So be sure to know her thoughts clearly.

[ Last edited by janezhang88 at 2006-9-22 03:12 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-22 15:30:36 |Display all floors
Our family culture is a big reason as well. Maybe not western culture, just my family is the other big reason. She doesn't feel warm around my parents. May I ask if anyone out there who married into a chinese or western culture have felt the same? Any tricks for dealing with this?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-22 15:40:46 |Display all floors
I'll let you know soon mathew, I'm going to marry a chinese girl in february, she has no parent's left alive and my one parent is a racist so I should be in for some fun and games, if I find some way of getting my wife eccepted by my mother I will let you know.
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-22 20:45:46 |Display all floors
i am sorry to hear your story..

i highly doubt whether she loves you or not!! i dont think its a cultural thing, its simply she married you for the wrong reasons. you dont need to live for her or this family it seems that she has decided to walk away!
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-23 01:08:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by matthew_aus at 2006-9-22 12:44
Thunderbird thanks for your words. Its quite amazing you describe exactly what she is like from just what I typed.  Sounds like you know people who are similar. Are you from china?

One issue th ...

I am from Canada.

I judge that you are not a pretentious person. It would be against your grain to put on a show. You might want to talk to a few close friends about your predicament. Other than that, it is none of anyone else business. The coming days would appear unreal to you and it is natural that you have hope for a renewal of current relationship. Get your support ready, you may need them. Just remember nothing is the end of your world. You will live and be happy again. Good luck and bless you.

[ Last edited by thunderbird at 2006-9-24 11:18 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-24 19:20:26 |Display all floors
Good luck Cyberspook. I am sure you don't need it. My parents are not that racist after all my Mum married a foreigner. If her love for you is great then she will learn to tolerate your family.

This weekend there were no signs of things getting better, as I said before the more I tried to fix things the worse it gets. She doesn't like me even looking sad or uncomfortable around her as she says I am giving her the guilt treatment.  She said says she wants us to be friends but a moment later she gives me a lecture on my family again.

I feel that one of my hardest task is telling my friends.

Thanks for your kind words in this post. I must admit after reading my post I have been very open, more open than I guess have should of been in a public forum but it has made me feel better.  These days/months will be hard but you would be surprise if you met me I am quite strong and find other means to keep me happy.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.