Views: 3613|Replies: 6

Which brand of Notebook computer do you prefer? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-9-19 09:31:22 |Display all floors
I wanna buy a Notebook computer next week.
It makes me wonder how to buy a  Notebook computer with high quality and low price.
The computer will be used for my mathematical study,so I don't need an good vedio card.
Please give me some advice,please....
Thank you very much.:)
Be a rich man !!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-19 13:14:26 |Display all floors
IBM

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-19 15:14:00 |Display all floors
acer.....lol
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-19 15:55:16 |Display all floors
Apple ........
We love our home,though our feet can leave it,yet our hearts can't.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-19 17:01:29 |Display all floors

yeah me too

Originally posted by whitney16 at 2006-9-19 15:55
Apple ........

i like my apple cos you don't get the ruddy viruses you do with windows..
so i surf bug free..and i love it..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-19 21:46:06 |Display all floors
If the computer will really only be used for maths, you don't need an Apple to avoid Windows. Linux is really popular in the mathematical community, so all the major software (Matlab, LaTeX etc) has Linux versions, and there's a lot of good stuff that's actually not available on Windows, or at least runs better under Linux.

If you're serious about only using your computer for maths (plus web browsing, word processing, watching DVDs etc), I'd recommend checking out linux laptop compatibility at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupportMachinesLaptops and then removing Windows as soon as you get the machine home. It's really quite easy to get used to, and there is lots of readily available easy-to-install free software in that field. But if you weren't being quite honest and really want to play games on it as well, this might not be the best solution.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-20 10:43:59 |Display all floors

Reply for ironfrost

Thank you very much.
I will try it.
Be a rich man !!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.