Author: wannabedumb

Chinese people are the most non-antiforeign? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-9-17 21:12:24 |Display all floors
We can find racism everywhere if we want to look hard enough.

Racism could be, for example: charging me a higher price because of my white skin. Just a thought ...
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-17 21:20:14 |Display all floors
they better not try that with me or I'll paint my skin yellow and tape my eyelids :)
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-17 21:42:31 |Display all floors
probably yes...thts why you get those stupid girls in china who wanna marry white men...for their looking..money or passport or something else...lol....i think thts part of chinese culture??..in order to get rid of poverty..they will do everything..its not insulting..just state a fact...
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-17 22:24:09 |Display all floors
So far in my week here I have seen little things. People staring at us now & then, but when my son spikes his hair or wears his lip ring I attribute a lot of it to that. But even when he looks "normal" people still look... but I wouldn't call that racism. We DID GET SHOUTED AT once - some older lady, maybe 50's, walking across the street, I don't know what she said but I could tell it was extremely hateful. You would think we murdered someone from her tone of voice. Since I didn't understand her we just kept walking, and I evengiggled a little because it was just so weird and she was so freaky! Also, the beggars tend to target us more. Last night a begging guy grabbed my son's arm, then mine after. Yuck... no offense, really, I know he's a human & all, but I don't want ANYONE grabbing my arm unless he's really really cute and he's smiling while doing it.

Also, I was trying to read a bus sign, comparing it to my map, to see if we could get a bus there. Some girl just totally laughed and said something to her guy right there in front of us. I can't wait until I can speak Chinese better. I thought of a good comeback to some girls who were laughing at my son, but I thought of it later, once they were gone.

ON THE OTHER HAND - a KFC employee helped us find an empty table though there were other people also looking.... weird... twice now cabs stopped for us rather than the chinese people near us (very awkward, not cool, didn't like that) ...and there was some very introverted looking punk kid on a bus, with a crazy outfit, two different color shoelaces, lots of jewelry, spiky hair, etc.... looking very sad & lonely.... I told him in Chinese that my son liked his hair & shoes, and the kid couldn't keep his smile in no matter how hard he tried. He didn't say anything, but he held back a smile the rest of the trip. I think we made his day, or even week.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-18 05:36:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wannabedumb at 9-17-2006 14:09
Is this from their bone? the history?

does this mean you are not chinese?  or did you ever even state your nationality and i happend to miss it?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-18 06:09:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mandy77 at 9-17-2006 18:18
I'm not quite clear about this, For I don't  know the situations in other places.
But we are friendly to our foreign friends. And they are nice too.^_^

very friendly indeed.

staring is not racism in any way.  the only racism in china is good racism, at least for me it was.  

besides, when in china do as the chinese.  it's their country, they can act however they want.   just my $.02

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-18 09:07:27 |Display all floors

nON=anTI Foreign

Met a girl once ... Han Chinese

Told that was the best....  reseach showed that be 92% of the population of China.

Also make's me wonder what "Han-Gook" in Korean really means as far as origins?

Chinese racist?   Not really... just the best, No brag just fact in their mind.   Always was taught that it ain't braging if you can back it up.

I'm a true racist, I treat you like you treat me.  There is good and bad in all people's, races, countries, etc.  

I judge people on individual merits.   The world if full of "foreigners", very hard to be part of the global community and be antiforeign......
Communication is the most important source of personal power.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.