Author: whitemandie

Western Media = Opium of the 21st Century [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-9-17 00:50:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tmphgt at 2006-9-16 15:26

No 1) is about people forming relationships in the 21st Century without being subjected to the prejudices of others.

You answer to 2) was a generalisation and doesn't show your specific pers ...

No 1) is about people forming relationships in the 21st Century without being subjected to the prejudices of others.

Obviously it was White hegemony that place racial stereotypes and racisms on asians first since they have political and social powers to do so and exploit their advantages

Since I assume you are white and male ( obviously since you seem to be concern with chinese women anyways), you don't even have slighest clue on  whats it's like  being non white

You answer to 2) was a generalisation and doesn't show your specific personal experiences.

Personal experiences are results of environment.

You didn't answer 3) about attitudes concerning this issue in China.

Do i need to spell out everything for you? My attitudes on this with China is not obvious?.....

You quoted a post from a forum. I did not question or comment on the events of history, I stated that the analysis in the post was personal opinion. The compaison given was the individual view of the author. I never denied or confirmed anything about opium.

Just because YOU think that quote is a personal statment ( being that you are not CHINESE) doesn't mean it not true
Again unless you believe that poverty and sickness caused by British and exploitation of chinese men and women at hands of these Western Imeperalists  is seen as personal opinion then you might as well as view the holocaust as a " personal opinion" in regards to  a war atrocities

Personal experiences often given a reason or background to someone's views or beliefs. There are overseas Chinese who, for example, do not feel the same way as you. I am therefore curious as to why some support the ideas and some do not.

How does your PERSONAL experience somehow overwrtie why I think on this matter. Just because you know overseas chinese who embrace western white media as some social status privilege doesn't make it immune. There are PLENTY of colonized chinese men and women who think " white is right" due to British past rules over India and China/HK

People oten join groups, religions or societies if they agree with the views of them, ot if they have been affected by an event in their lives and seek a solution through joining.[/quote

Well its pretty obvious people join and like to form groups of similar interests. THIS IS NOT ANYTHING NEW

[quote]

Nobody before you has explained what exactly has happened in their own lives to support their view on this matter.

China is not poor?........... I need to know thru PERSONAL experience that getting my leg cut off is not going to be painful?

For example: have you received discrimination at work or during education? Have you felt discriminated when forming relationships or during day-to-day activities?

It's common place everywhere. all I need to do is watch another westernized media gloriflying how great white race is. White media is everywhere and white people are benefiting from this

Do you feel that there is a problem with the attitudes of Chinese women overseas? However if you said that you were happily married then I would ask why question 1) and also what Chinese women choose to do bothers you.

You have some weird ability to state the obvious. Being married doesn't exclude or make me ignorant on whats going on around me in regards to WHITE media affecting the easily brainwashed and poor China

Chinese women don;t choose they just  follow on what they see ( thru brainwashing by white media) and act upon. NO one has true ' free will" especially since China is so poor . Any white guy who is bald, fat, and with piece of food coming out of his mouth i view upon with interests by chinese women due

1. money

2. green card

3. Western fanasty to live in West

4. White beauty

I for one don't want to stick my head in sand and be oblivious on whats going on

I am from a European country where we perhaps do treat Asians differently.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-17 00:53:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tmphgt at 2006-9-17 00:36
The Christians did some serious ar*e kicking during the Crusades although I think the last Pope did apologise for this.

I am not sure how well religion is spreading in China since religion is no ...

A public apology doesn't mean anything

Japanese gov has made many " apologies" to China and Korea for their war crimes, but doesn't mean a damn thing

In fact Pope insulted Muslims everywhere recently

Cursades were seen as nothing more than selfish acts by Europe 's  quest for money and power in exchange for murder of non christian believers

HOW innocent Christians are

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-17 01:05:42 |Display all floors

Reply: whitemandie

Oh well, you obviously have an attitude problem and don't want a civil discussion on any of this.

People might listen and seek to understand your position better if you ditch the hostile approach. Just a thought ...

The whole issue of "personal experience" is a way of getting through your generalisations - of which there have been a few. If you want understanding and empathy then specific events that affected you might aid others in appreciating your position. Generalisations are not good examples.

I will let someone else pick up the thread because, like roger604 and ricman before you, I can see this degenerating into mud-slinging.

You have already stereotyped me so there in no point carrying on.

Personally, I treat all of my Chinese friends (men and women) with respect.
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-17 01:20:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by whitemandie at 2006-9-16 16:27

Obviously you been subjected to believeing that Christian faith is innocent and clean. The establishment of organized religions have been nothing more than a form of control for  poor, uneduc ...

not at all

i didn't comment on whether christianity is good or bad. i'm not a religious person myself and im in no favour of christianity personally. but it does not give me the right to insult what other people choose to believe.

all i was saying was we should respect other people's values. it's the tolerance that matters. it's like even though the terrorits are muslims people in the usa and uk shouldn't discriminate against islam.

[ Last edited by babymomo at 2006-9-16 05:25 PM ]
JOIN THE BLACK PARADE.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-17 07:04:38 |Display all floors
I know the crimes of the Crusades, but I don't think nowdays Westerners must be hit back. Zuo's Explanation has a great words, "The benefaction or hatred of an enemy can't concern his offsprings."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-18 00:06:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tmphgt at 2006-9-17 01:05
Oh well, you obviously have an attitude problem and don't want a civil discussion on any of this.

People might listen and seek to understand your position better if you ditch the hostile approac ...

The whole issue of "personal experience" is a way of getting through your generalisations - of which there have been a few. If you want understanding and empathy then specific events that affected you might aid others in appreciating your position. Generalisations are not good examples.

sigh

Personal experiences? Didn't I explain to you on why that has no place in this discussion?.... Can you read?

ergo, wouldn't personal experiences been nothing more than generalizations if you are going to use them to validate  your ones agrument

I fail to see how YOU feel this discussion should be carried ( since you are not chinese) or how few other members apporach is unvalid because majority rejects them ( or your reject them)

There are plenty of blind and brainwashed chinese out there who view west as their pot of gold

Actually, you only respect chinese men because of your interest in chinese women, which is very typical of euros and other white males

Men of one race will never raise another if they are going to lose their socia, political or economic standing in process

[ Last edited by whitemandie at 2006-9-19 03:05 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-18 00:40:02 |Display all floors

Final reply: whitemandie

Your last post underlines my previous comments.

Fine, carry on with your crusade without justifying anything. If some white person picked a fight with you or stole your Chinese girlfriend because she was "brainwashed" or beat you to a better job because of his skin colour then you can say: "This event happened to me".

Personal experiences are specific events and hence not generalisations. When you validate your own arguments with personal experiences you are clearly not generalising. I accept that you do not understand this and therefore will not push the point again after this post.

If you say: "Chinese women worship white men", then you are clearly generalising by making a broad, sweeping statement.

If you say: “My Chinese girlfriend decided to dump me for a white man”, then you are giving a specific reason or experience which explains your feelings or attitude.

I read and comprehend very well, thank you for your concern, but you clearly know very little about me or my circumstances.

It seems that I also have a much higher opinion of Chinese people and let people make their own choices in life. If they want to marry or date blacks, whites, Hispanics or other Chinese then that is their choice.

As far as China is concerned: in case that you didn't know, the Western media is not high profile in China, with some Western news sites being banned. To be specific (and not generalising) the BBC website is one of them.

Don't bother replying to me because I am just a white man which, by your logic, negates me from participating any more in this topic.

Just keep it clean and don't insult people otherwise I guess that this thread will get removed.

Have a nice life.
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.