Author: mandy77

Chinese female [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-18 16:00:50 |Display all floors
hehe ,yeah,they are exactly beautiful ,like those household names ,Lin Daiyu and so .but i think sometimes in that period they are victim of the feudatorial system .compared with them ,i prefer these independent ladies in our time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-19 00:22:52 |Display all floors
Yes... traditional demur chaste womanhood.  Doesn't really exist over here, in my part of the USA.  The "traditional" gender roles have been effectively annihilated as anything besides advertising commodities and fossilized social norms by the forces of capitalism and history.  Businesses like to hire women because they are more docile and less likely to unionize.  During my lifetime, the real income of middle class families has only risen because wives have entered the workforce in record numbers.  Advertising gets us to buy all kinds of crap we don't need (much of it made in China); people use credit cards to buy this crap; the debt pushes wives into working more hours, because the husbands are already working 40 to 60 hour weeks.  And then the pro-business social conservatives slyly smile as they complain about the lack of parenting in the current USA, whilst it was their greed that made "stay-at-home mothers" a luxury affordable only by the rich and those few proles in areas with low costs of living.

So, hey, tell me all about "Traditional" womanhood, 'cause to me, it's just a fantasy about ancient history.

And what effect will the relative lack of females in the generations born after the institution of the one-child policy have on China?  I could cite official PRC statistics bureau data on this, but I think we all know what I'm talking about.  The high ratio of surviving male babies to female babies results from the traditional devaluation of daughters... but, soon, PRC women will have "the pick of the litter" when it comes to men, whereas bachelors will have to "take what they can get."  And what if they choose to be career women and not reproduce?

Will Chinese men turn to importing brides from, say, Eastern Europe (which has surplus young women) or Africa?  What's the racial context there?  Heck, move to the USA; a surprisingly large amount of women here find Asian men cute.

Without wives to tie them down, will Chinese men move out of the PRC at a greater rate?  (My racial memory is screaming something about a "Yellow Menace" and a "Golden Horde", but I told it to shut up and get with the 21st century).

In my experience of love, which may or may not jibe with anyone else's, ECONOMICS MATTERS - period.  "When poverty comes in the door, love flies out the window" - Anglo-American proverb.  The lowest-earning men in China will presumably find it far harder to attract wives than the middle-earners and highest-earners.  Will this painfully drive home the increasing inequities in the PRC, leading to an increase in social unrest?

What is the significance of "traditional womanhood" when "Everything is allowed, nothing too weird"?  Does it get washed away or placed on a pedestal?

What about divorce?  Will the disparity in availability of alternative mates make divorce good for women and bad  for men?

Funny how a "Western Imperialist Chauvinist" like me finds Chinese womanhood so interesting... ;) ... I'm such a cartoonish stereotype sometimes.
Of the people, by the people, and for the people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-19 08:16:47 |Display all floors

Chasing ghosts

Originally posted by ivorytower at 2007-5-19 00:22
Yes... traditional demur chaste womanhood.  Doesn't really exist over here, in my part of the USA.  The "traditional" gender roles have been effectively annihilated as anything besides ad ...

So this time the wind has finally skewered to our side. Excellent! Maybe it is time to call for a more hard working, more tolerant, more docile and more handsome male partners?

Talking about the business world. It is almost without doubt that womon workers are far more hard-working and responsible workers than their male co-workers and smarter too. The problem is just they tend not  speak loud about how much they have done and focus only on how could they do more.

To the meager male earners, may be it is time for them to think of other ways to attract girls in general. Time to reevaluate your old tricks and explore what women really want!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-29 13:19:45 |Display all floors

And what would that be?

And what do "women really want"?  Men have been trying to figure that one out for a long time now... So, as long as we have a woman who seems to have an idea of what that is, inquiring minds want to know.
Of the people, by the people, and for the people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-30 20:02:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ivorytower at 2007-5-29 13:19
And what do "women really want"?  Men have been trying to figure that one out for a long time now... So, as long as we have a woman who seems to have an idea of what that is, inqui ...

Sorry, Ivorytower,

I cannot help you with that one.

Different women have different needs, some go for money, some go for kindness. I don' t think there is really a fixed rule for this one yet. So that is why you have to LEARN about your own woman...

It is a joint work I think and after this process, both of you will find out what both of you really want and you will be happy everafter...

Stop worrying, everything will be ok for you, boy

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-4 08:33:49 |Display all floors
do you think traditional women are better than modern women? it's hard to say, i think.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-11 10:51:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by aquitaine at 2006-9-16 10:21

They also are hopelessly backward. Don't expect to have a happy sexlife with one of them.

Tell us what is your expectation on "happy sexlife".

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.