Views: 7662|Replies: 38

Difference between a mother's care and a wife's care ? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-9-14 23:03:09 |Display all floors
Difference between a mother's care and a wife's care  ?

a mother to her son
a wife to her husband

Can you tell the difference ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-15 04:53:13 |Display all floors
a wife takes over the training that the mother has started :)
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-15 06:10:27 |Display all floors
Only men with serious emotional problems compare mothers with their wives or expect from their wives to "take care" of them mother style.
   I don t think there is or should be any comparison there or the relationship is doomed to be unhealthy and unbalanced.
...Nothing is as permanent...
...as the temporary...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-17 16:03:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cyberspook at 2006-9-15 04:53
a wife takes over the training that the mother has started :)

a good statement/ summary !!!!!!! thank you!!!!! :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-17 16:26:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jigsaw at 2006-9-15 06:10
Only men with serious emotional problems compare mothers with their wives or expect from their wives to "take care" of them mother style.
   I don t think there is or should be any compa ...

It is not in fact comaparison.   

in a mother's eyes: her son, no matter how old he is, is still young in her eyes. So she cares him in all aspects.
in a wife's eyes,  her husband is a man, a big tree , a supporter, strong in appearnace while weak in heart, so she cares him both his physiologically and mentalling. She hopes to have heart-to-heart talks more.

any comments on that.  :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-17 22:36:30 |Display all floors
Well, i have a son, so maybe I can comment. I would support my husband in whatever ways I could, even if he is feeling weak, that's ok sometimes for everyone. But I would also expect him to be strong for me when I am feeling weak. For my son however, I don't expect him to be strong for me, I expect that *I* have to be the strong one. Maybe that will change when he's grown up? I don't know. He's a teenager now,a dn he is strong in some ways. Even the past few days he has "taken charge" now & then, wanting to find our way home, being the one to pay for a little thing now & then. He is showing his manliness I guess! But still, as his mother, although he's seen me weak at times, I feel that I should still be the stronger one overall, because I am his parent.

With a husband I would hope I could relax more and trust that he will hold us up too.

Does that make sense?
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-19 12:44:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2006-9-17 22:36
Well, i have a son, so maybe I can comment. I would support my husband in whatever ways I could, even if he is feeling weak, that's ok sometimes for everyone. But I would also expect him to be stro ...

Thank you for sharing ur opinions.  Yes. both types of " care" and " love" are the similar  sometimse while there is difference ,too.

What if a husband or bf complains that she is like a mother not a wife ? Does it mean that he doesn't love her any more ?  Does it mean that she cares him too much , thus gives him much pressure?  

Maybe it is delicated or complicated to seperate this care from that care. We can discuss in another way.  What kinds of care do you feel comfortable and pleased to accept ?

:)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.