Author: fatty1219

which kongfu star do you like most? Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan or Jet Lee? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-9-16 07:12:37 |Display all floors

李小龙就是最好的!!!!

Bruce Lee is the king! A true philosopher, fighter, martial artist, actor and human being. I especially respect him since he did not let the traditional Chinese views limit his outlook on life and his art. We 老外 or 鬼佬 or Non-Chinese owe Bruce Lee for introducing Chinese Arts unreservedly, for Bruce Lee had a grand foresight set on improving, developing and empowering every man and woman who was willing to open their minds. I just got a book titled 'Origins of CHINESE MARTIAL ARTS' illustrated by Jack Cheong (ISBN 981-229-268-3). One chapter was dedicated to Bruce "Three Legs" Lee. It gives a good account of the hero in an illustrative and light-hearted manner. Bruce Lee also had a deep grasp on what life is about - apart from Martial Arts ... A true spiritual dude! He said for example, learning a language has various levels, of which just knowing how to pronounce the words properly and the ability to write in such language is still NOT a true grasp of the language. Language is about spirit, feeling, expressing one's mind. This he also compared to Martial Arts, like an analogy. A good fighter isn't necessarily a true Martial artist. You just have to research this genius.

Jackie Chan is obviously a talented individual, with a variety of acting and entertainment skills...and Jet Lee has an aura that captivates his fans world-wide. He is also a fluid and skilled martial art....but they can't compare with Bruce Lee I am afraid. All you need do is ask them - they have highly praised Bruce Lee too in interviews and on media publications.

Bruce Lee made me understand that Martial Arts is not limited to fighting....but expressing oneself truly! (When I heard others say these words, I used to feel this was waffles as Martial Arts is inseparable from physical armed or unarmed combat...... now  I see, in fact, Martial arts has a such a wide scope that in some aspects, it has nothing at all to do with fighting! And I ain't talking about Tai Chi or Chinese medicine here.  Research the genius to enlighten yourself!)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-17 16:41:03 |Display all floors

Reply #1 fatty1219's post

Don't you think Jet is much more handsome then the others?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-17 16:58:37 |Display all floors
It is a great pity that Bruce lee died at his early age. The hearsay goes that he was assassinated, but the killer is still at large. Is that true?..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-17 18:22:58 |Display all floors
Jet Lee!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-17 19:10:54 |Display all floors

wo zhidao..

Originally posted by caringhk at 2006-9-14 16:39

MEDITATIVE!!!

oh Caring Ren
you are working and striving so hard to get the blessinbgs of the Buddha Belly..

here in u.k we are full of them..
slovenly lazy men who get all the energy to go doawn pub .watch the match with their mates ..get pissed
and voila..
they have it..
a home grown belly..
but no Buddha!!!!

so i hope you get the Belly with the Buddha..all that breathing yo'!!!!

and say an AMITABHA for me..
what i don't get is..that when i visit all the temples in China Town in Manhattan yeah..they close in the afternoons!!!!
i never knew Buddha took time off..
that's not on man..
i'm sending a complaint Upstairs lol..

btw any one know of any good exponents of either white crane..or hungar in new york?

[ Last edited by yanjiaren at 2006-9-17 07:12 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-19 04:02:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by whitemandie at 2006-9-16 02:27
Jackass Chan 'Fed Up' With Martial Arts Roles

http://apnews1.iwon.com/article/20060910/D8K265UO1.html

VENICE, Italy (AP) - Jackie Chan has seen enough action.

T ...

That is because he can perform kung fu like he use to. He is too old, so he make this excuse that he does not want to do it anymore and hope to latch on other type of movies. Imagine jacky chan without kung fu.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-19 04:08:43 |Display all floors

Jet li

Jet Li bring class to kung fu. Jacky Chan is more of crowd kung fu. Stephen Chow is no formal kung fu training to back him up. Danny Yen should be next successor but I am not sure if he has the acting skills to bring him to the front.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.