Author: flowerlily

We lack an outstanding symbol for our culture! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-12 12:03:57 |Display all floors
Qipao, it was just a fashion belongs to old shanghai, in the dancing clubs, it's a mixture of late Qing costume and western style costume at that time.

Hanfuk, is from the very beggining of Chinese ancestor Huangdi, it's his wife who invented the way of feeding silkworm and brings Chinese people with silk to wear, it's huangdi who invented the costume, hanfuk. What did Hangdi
no one beats Hanfuk, Kimono learned from Hanfuk, so are the Koreans.

Qipao is sensual, yes, you could fancy whatever over their thighs and shapes, it's seductive and sexy, yes, it's a pretty fashion and trendy dress, and most men prefer qipao...but why should women wear whatever just to please their eyes? why should the symbol of a nation with culture and civilization choose such a modern mixture costume and keep on showing their bare thighs and sexy shapes to please anyone, instead of showing the significance, the civilization and only Hanfuk could bear? Why qipao could never beat kimono, and korean costume? Cause it has no culture, it carries nothing more than sexy and trendy....

But what remains....should something that always in the blood.....

Is it to say, this nation has nothing more to exhibit than sexy and sensual women with qipao?

This nation has nothing more to be proud of than icky taste?

I don't hope so

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-12 12:08:04 |Display all floors
and if....women wear qipao, what do men wear?
male qipao? showing their hairy legs?

business suit? lol how match!

maybe zhongshan zhuang? nope that's actually Japanese male students uniform....

or dressing up like late Qing dynasty, with a pigtail behind their heads, as humiliation to match qipao?

or they don't need man to present, they can only bring their women, dress them up with sexy qipao and push them in front of the world....see....that's how sexy we Chinese women are! huh?

[ Last edited by superkylin at 2006-12-12 12:15 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-12 14:38:59 |Display all floors
Fairly speaking, women wearing Qipao is expressing her pride to be a Chinese, no matter it looks either sexy or elegant, I respect people who admire their country's heritage.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-13 01:31:45 |Display all floors
our symbol is the American flag
Living in New York, Traveling in China.  Let's do business!
whiteboy4us@hotmail.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-11 00:35:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by flowerlily at 2006-9-12 14:20
I strongly suggest we make Qipao as the symbol for our culture! It’s so astonishingly beautiful, sexy but elegant !

In November last year, the Dragon Boat Festival applied by the Republic of ...

Don't we already have one symbol - the dragon?

Cheong-sam surely is a sign of Chinese culture that is familiar to people all over the world. But I like Hanfu better... it's more classical and more favorable to me.

[ Last edited by egypsy at 2007-1-11 12:47 AM ]
Wanna change my avatar...
Why always showing "PRADA"?!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-12 13:34:40 |Display all floors
QIPAO IS NOT FIT FOR THE ONES WHO ARE FAT

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-23 08:55:27 |Display all floors
So colorful dresses , so colorful ideas , I was almost led back to the ancient scienty . Oh wonderful , jumpingtiger's post of the elegant and graceful pictures , make
me feel china was so great ! While flowerlily also has a clear idea that Qipao is
common and most used nowardays in or out of China, of course sexy and elegant , but only for ladys.  But Qipo is only for ladys' , How about gentlemen ?  
  China now is one of the most influnced country , especailly her overflowing
culture, make the outsiders amazed and mouth numb. Pround to be Chinese !

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.