Views: 8239|Replies: 13

What do you think of the mascot Five Friendlies of Beijing Olympics? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-9-9 23:01:11 |Display all floors
Quite a number of  chinese around me say that they don't like the mascot Five Friendlies. One reason is they are too many for people to bear in mind each  name of the mascot. Another reason is that the sum of the cost of five are far higher than what people expected. The truth is that most chinese living in beijing haven't buy and don't  plan to buy  one. Majority of the buyers are foreigners.

Then what do you like the mascot Five Friendlies?

When you post  your thread, please tell us where you are from and what your nationality is.

[ Last edited by we_nice at 2006-9-9 11:21 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-9 23:04:42 |Display all floors

I don't like them

Firstly, I tell you all that I don't like them. The reason is the opinions which I quoted from the people aroud me. I agree with them.And I am chinese.

[ Last edited by we_nice at 2006-9-9 11:11 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-12 13:48:37 |Display all floors

I like them anyway

Well, I like the traditional Chinese elements on them, but I think the carrier could be more powerful, not just like dolls for babies. Anyway I like the Friendlies, they are lovely, really, and I'll buy several sets of them as gifts and remembrance for the great Beijing Olympics.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-12 18:21:31 |Display all floors

Your nationality please?

The friend upstair , can you tell us what your nationality is, please?
That can let us to know the difference of the opinions about Five Friendlies between the people from different countries.

[ Last edited by we_nice at 2006-9-12 06:26 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-13 02:24:26 |Display all floors
monkey ,panda ,most of tranditional chinese would consider they are unfashionable.
5 mascots are too many!
whatever what the mascot be ,it'll brings conflictions between us~
let it be.just enjoy the games

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-13 07:07:04 |Display all floors
They will sell for less after the Olympics.

If they cost too much just wait until after the Olympics are over to buy them.  

When I was young, the Soviets invaded Afghanistan.  In response, President Carter said that the US Olympic team could not compete at the games in Moscow.  For the next three or four years, people sold little stuffed Misha Bears that were supposed to be sold during the Olympics.  Bears for Valentine's.  Bears for July 4th.  Bears for Thankgiving.  Bears for Christmas.  Always stuffed bears.

Then when the Soviets refused to play at the Olympics in Los Angeles in 1984, we all got fat on McDonald's food.  McDonald's had a promotion where you would get a free hamburger if the American in the game card you received won a Gold.  If Silver, free french fries.  If Bronze, free big Coke.  Since the Soviets didn't compete, the Americans won Gold all the time.  I claimed a free Quarter Pounder with Cheese and the game piece they gave me with the hamburger entitled me to receive ANOTHER FREE HAMBURGER.

The American Olympic Team was winning left and right, and we were eating at McDonald's three times a day!
龙年顺顺利利

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-13 10:09:33 |Display all floors

no monkey

Originally posted by terrix at 2006-9-13 02:24
monkey ,panda ,most of tranditional chinese would consider they are unfashionable.
5 mascots are too many!
whatever what the mascot be ,it'll brings conflictions between us~
let it be.just enjo ...

Oh, there is no monkey among the mascots.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.