Author: tmphgt

Topic for Johnyou and CHK (AIDS) [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-9-9 01:19:51 |Display all floors
Don't forget mother to child... if the mother has HIV/AIDS when she becomes pregnant, it's likely her child will have it as well. I think they're developing drugs to cut the risk, though.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-9 01:38:50 |Display all floors

A mazing story about Chung To — The Man on the Forefront in Fighting AIDS

Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-9 04:23:20 |Display all floors

Drugs to stop spread of HIV from mom to child during birth

Sockmonkey, these drugs already exist and are extremely effective.  I think the probelem is that these drugs are only given if the woman is known to be HIV + and most pregnant women do not know this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-9 05:20:54 |Display all floors

Thanks - all good points ...

I just hope the missing contributors can come forward and share their opinion on this topic.

Hopefully they will see evidence to counter the often held view that this is about a "gay plague" or "problem of the West".
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-10 03:33:06 |Display all floors

Bump ...

Johnyou and CHK, please add your opinions.
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-10 20:26:51 |Display all floors

Well ...

Originally posted by sinfulangel at 10-9-2006 12:20 PM
Uncle T....someone is so gutless..ahah

It is a serious topic but alas CHK, johnyou and their new buddy tellmeso2 just seem to hate the concept of somebody asking them questions.

Tell me SA, as a Chinese, do you mind being asked questions about China and your opinion in issues?

Do I attack China or insult the Chinese by asking such questions?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-10 21:33:30 |Display all floors
As a Chinese, i dont mind being questioned..somehow i love those questions..cos it is the best way to test my wisdom...ahahahahahhaha...

the question you asked really doesnt seem to be insulting in my eyes....i did a course on HIV early last year...though my main focus is HIV and AIDS spread in north america and asian=pacific region.....

[ Last edited by threebowls at 2006-9-13 03:19 AM ]
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.