Views: 2907|Replies: 10

女乘务员体重一律不得超过60公斤 C-E [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-9-8 13:39:14 |Display all floors
近日,湖北省某长途汽车公司出台一条新规定:女乘务员体重一律不得超过60公斤。超重乘务员需待岗回家减肥成功后,方可重返岗位。

本人试译:
A new rule issued by a long-distance bus company in Hubei province read: No female steward is allowed to be weighted beyond 60 kg. Any over weighted steward has to go home waiting for a job until she has succeeded in weight loosing.
请指正。欢迎更好的译本!

[ Last edited by copchen at 2006-9-8 03:16 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-8 13:47:04 |Display all floors

請指教

A new clause is issued by a long-distance bus company in Hubei province read: Female stweards’ weight should under 60kg, any one who exceed this weight should be laid-off until her weight meets the said clause.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-8 13:58:00 |Display all floors
By a new rule issued by a long-distance bus company in Hubei province,  a female steward's weight is restricted under 60 kg.
Any one with overweight   will have to take a temperary leave to reduce it until the requirement is met.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-8 14:03:19 |Display all floors
A coach company in Hubei province recently issued a new regulation--no stewardess is allowed to weigh over 60 kg, and whoever overweighs it has to stay home for a return until she loses her weight.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-8 14:15:05 |Display all floors
近日,湖北省某长途汽车公司出台一条新规定:女乘务员体重一律不得超过60公斤。超重乘务员需待岗回家减肥成功后,方可重返岗位。

a hubei inter-city bus company recently announced a new rule requesting a weight cap of 60kg for stewardess. the overweight must be shipped out unti they are fit.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-8 14:57:40 |Display all floors
Here's my version:
    A long-distance bus company in Hubei province recently issued a new regulation: no female service attendant is allowed to weigh over 60 kg—if she does,  she has to take temporary leave until she can meet the requirement.
I liked how hly and alice did it so I took parts from each of theirs.

Bus is more common US usage; coach is Brit usage; less common in the US.

"Stewardess" is no longer used in the US. For air travel, the term of the moment is flight attendant. The nationwide rail service uses service attendant. I'd be surprised if there were service attendants on even long-distance buses in the U.S.

I avoided using some phrase like "losing the weight" (or worse) for the more polite "meet the requirement" —along the lines of  当着矮人,别说矮话。(That was a good call, hly!)

(I'd like to say "the overweight will be shipped out unti they get in shape" but that would be a bit too rovi-esque.)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-8 14:59:59 |Display all floors
(I'd like to say "the overweight will be shipped out unti they get in shape" but that would be a bit too rovi-esque.)  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.