Views: 8097|Replies: 11

Lenovo and Dell [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-9-7 23:10:42 |Display all floors
In Australia, buying a Dell laptop is still a lot cheaper than buying other brands.  I wonder how come no one else has been able to match Dell in cheap PC/Laptop making.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-7 23:44:12 |Display all floors
Quality and Sales Services account for who is living up to their name.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-8 01:47:24 |Display all floors

Direct Sales ...

Originally posted by xuerengui at 7-9-2006 03:10 PM
In Australia, buying a Dell laptop is still a lot cheaper than buying other brands.  I wonder how come no one else has been able to match Dell in cheap PC/Laptop making.

Cutting out the middle-men and selling direct to the customers: no shops, no sales agents ...
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-8 07:08:32 |Display all floors

Cutting out "unnecessary" items too

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-8 09:06:44 |Display all floors

RE: jetsam

I find the Dell desktops  have smart designs like those clips that clip on the circuit boards and the slim boxes.

And if I want to buy a top end laptop, say 2G ram with a 256M graphics card, it is a lot cheaper and easier to go on to the Dell website and custom build it myself.

I know about the battery scare with dell, but overall their products are pretty good and I certainly have no complaint,  most big coporations and government departments in Australia are using them.

I think the direct sales to Customers, cutting out the middle men and the website which allow custom build products work well for them.  And their clever marketing (constantly having sales), well designed website helped as well.

May be the Chinese government should do what the Korean government does for their car manufacturers and support Lenovo in everyway to make it a successful Chinese company which export globally.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-11 11:39:34 |Display all floors

No, it is not so cheap!

At least, Dell computers are more expensive than DIY!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-11 20:31:33 |Display all floors

may it will help

you know how long it is to have the business structure like DEll have , even if a company has the similar structure like Dell does, they can't catch up Dell only if the company with some sort of competitive structure to overrun them .
it is easy to copy from the surface like what Dell do (direct sell),but the culure and value thing is very hard to copy.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.