Author: metto81

Christians will get Chinese to do their dirty work [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-9-7 19:03:31 |Display all floors

re: wchao37

You are using English on this forum. The medicine you practice is Western.

There is nothing wrong with Western.  In fact, I would be happy if all Chinese in China can speak and write English better than I do.

There are plenty of new Chinese migrants here in Australia and skill labours are in demand.  Australia want mechanics, nurses, doctors, teachers, IT professionals from China.  Do you know what is the biggest challenge migrants face?  English.

Even if we disregard living aboard, look at Singapore, one of the wealthiest country in the world.  Do you know why it is successful?  Many Singapore Chinese kids don't know much about Confucious teachings or ancient proverbs, but they know Marketing, Economics, Computer Engineering and most important how to communicate with the REST OF THE WORLD with English.

Like it or not, Americans lead the world in Science and Technology and they use English.

Learning English does not stop you from being Chinese, nor does it alter your DNA.   There are plenty of Jewish Americans who don't speak a world of Hebrew, does that stop them from being Jewish?  I don't think so.

This is the year 2006, the information age, be REAL, be PRACTICAL.

HanWuDi is not going to come back to life.. he is long gone.  The reality of GNI, GDP are here.

I am not a big fan of anything underground, I wish the offical Christian Churches in China do more and communicate more with the rest of the world.

Being a Christian is good, I have no problem being part of the world as a Chinese person.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-8 09:11:28 |Display all floors

What you said is right, BUT

If you follow others and conform to their ways you will ALWAYS be in SECOND place to them!

As for Singapore. It's a small country with less than 5 million people and a clean government and good education system. Has nothing to do with English!

Not convinced, take Japan for example. These people don't know a word of English and are the 2nd largest economy in the world and leaders in technology and so on.

You my friend are the PERFECT example of a third worlded poverty stricken person who wants to be like first worlded wealthy people by copying their ways.

Which is EXACTLY like a top of the line Mercedes with the engine of a lawn mower.

[ Last edited by metto81 at 2006-9-8 09:17 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-8 11:09:29 |Display all floors
Originally posted by northwest at 2006-9-6 18:32

I currently live in a district that most of China's best and brightest study. They certainly have high expectations and unquestionable love to the motherland. Just that they lack of understandi ...

Thxs!!!

We know ALL about the "underground ways"

& bribe the poor to change religion!!!

These are all the tricks besides "AMWAY" selling via "agents of change"!!!

I have books/speeches by monks/nuns who worries
over such "invasion & dirty tactics"!!!

So chinese MUST be more generous to donate  ALMS to biuld temples &

PRINT DHARMA books for issuing FREE of CHARGE!!! :)

They will certainly GAIN GREAT MERITS!!!

Cheers!!!
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-8 14:17:06 |Display all floors

re:metto81

I worked with a big famous Japanese company for a while.  Those people work 70 hours a week.  They spend all days copying American products and try to make them better, since they work so hard, they have no imagination or innovation left.  Imagine if eveyone in a country works 70 hours a week, any country would have a good economy.

All Singaporeans speak English, they invested heavily in Australia, own the second largest phone company.  I don't think their could have done so with knowing English.

I ALREAY KNOW AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT CHINA GNI IS $1740US PER CAPTIA WHILE US IS $43730, about 25 times higher.  So it is time you and everyone of those proud Chinese with 5000 years history do the same.  China hasn't come second on a global scale, it came at 128th in 2005.

See World Bank website
http://siteresources.worldbank.o ... Resources/GNIPC.pdf

Chinese in China wear Western clothing, suits and ties and all.  And if you want your pride to be hurt further, look up what Jin Yong is up to, he is doing his PhD in Chinese history in Cambridge university in England, not China.

Chinese including myself are brainwashed since childhood to believe their culture is world NUMBER 1, anything else is foreign.  Somehow we are taught to ignore how poor we really are on a global scale because of the GLOROUS HISTORY, and  to believe that some day magically for no reason other than the GLOROUS PAST we will be centre of civiilzation again.  What I say to that is wake up.... or just like the Romans who were glorous and long gone.... so will our fate.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-8 14:21:13 |Display all floors

China hasn't been strong since Tang dynasty when Buddhism became popular

China hasn't been strong since Tang dynasty when Buddhism became popular

After Tang, was Sung, Sung got invaded by the Mongols, After Mongols was Ming, and Ming got invaded by Manchus.  Then ROC got invaded by the Japanese.

Buddhism is a pacificist religion.  

Have a look at Thailand, the country with the most Buddhists - sexual tourism captial of the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-9 18:07:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xuerengui at 2006-9-8 14:17
I worked with a big famous Japanese company for a while.  Those people work 70 hours a week.  They spend all days copying American products and try to make them better, since they work so hard, the ...

When you start from scratch, it is a good idea that you have to copy off the enemy. But sooner or later you have to innovate on your own.

In other words, Yes it is important that China copies off of America because China is starting from zero. But you have to remember, China wants to be a world empire. You can NOT be a empire if you just copy off of others and worse adopt their language.

I know that the Chinese race is the only race on earth to implode. Explode from the inside. In other words, they destroy themselves.

Since you know about the Mongol invasion, I am sure you know that the reason China fell and will always continue to fall is because the Chinese get to prideful and materialistic in luxury.

There is a quote from Genghis himself saying so if you want me to get it for you?

In fact and sadly it is even more true today, I just read an article that the majority of Chinese womem will ONLY marry a guy if he owns a house. And if he doesn't she'll walk away from him. Even here in America most people rent as not everyone can go out and buy a house. Do you see American woman making a big deal of this.

It's not so much that the Chinese have to adopt Western ways to become great. They just have to change that god damn mentality they have for the past 5,000 years!

As for Buddhism bieng the reason China getting invaded. That is NOT the problem as most Chinese do not beleive in that crap nor even adhere to it.

It's just that before the Tang dynasty no one was around to invade China.

[ Last edited by metto81 at 2006-9-9 06:12 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-12 17:15:38 |Display all floors
metto81 wrote, "As for Buddhism bieng the reason China getting invaded. That is NOT the problem as most Chinese do not beleive in that crap nor even adhere to it.'

Buddhism is crap?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.