Author: fuzzynuts

A question to Chinese people  Close [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-9-4 09:57:07 |Display all floors
One of the easons  you are not encouraged to check in some cheapest hotels is that  you are regarded as a guest of honor to the place you visit, and the local host hope you are treated the way a guest of honor is. The same is true with western countries where we are told not to visit some places that they say are not proper for us. We don't even ask why, as we do know they do that for our good.!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-4 09:58:31 |Display all floors
ting bu dong

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-4 10:07:14 |Display all floors
Johnyou, why don't they let the foreigners decide that for themselves? It's one thing to advise "honored guests" not to go to certain places (there are plenty of good guidebooks out there for that); it's another thing entirely to forbid it outright. And really, what's your response to the random "restricted" areas that pop up across China without warning?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-4 10:10:53 |Display all floors
that 's why i suggest u stay for another two years in the country so that u can understand what we say and do...!!! no matter what happened, keep in mind the following: they do everything for yr good, they don't mean any evil purposes. put yr curiosity back into yr chest pocket and enjoy what is available to u...! Here are two old sayings which i think will be of some help to u: Be content with what u have, as contentment is yr sourse of happiness; curioisty kills...!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-4 10:13:03 |Display all floors
Ah, right, because everyone in China is pure of heart and soul, especially the petty officials...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-4 10:14:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sockmonkey at 2006-9-4 10:07
Johnyou, why don't they let the foreigners decide that for themselves? It's one thing to advise "honored guests" not to go to certain places (there are plenty of good guidebooks out there ...

i dont mean to be offensive.., but do u allow me to visit yr bedroom without yr permission?...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-4 10:18:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by johnyou at 2006-9-4 10:10
that 's why i suggest u stay for another two years in the country so that u can understand what we say and do...!!! no matter what happened, keep in mind the following: they do everything for yr go ...

FOR OUR OWN GOOD??? What do we need protecting from?? Obviously there must be some kind of voodoo cult, canibalism, or something really bad that we need protecting from! Living in China for another 2 more years isn't going to change the fact that there is a lack of communication between government offices as well as a lack of communication between the government and the people living here. What are foreigners suppose to do?  just stay home and read your opinions all day when most lack any sort of understanding of the laws and guidelines for foreigners living in China? Or do we go out and take the chance of getting a 500rmb penalty for using a public WC that is off limits to foreigners?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.