Author: fuzzynuts

A question to Chinese people  Close [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-9-20 10:21:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lifesong at 2006-9-15 18:08

Oh, you dishallow our sentiment! Remonstrating!

What do you mean???

Yr English is so POOR!!!
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-20 17:22:04 |Display all floors
Yes, very poor.So please not mind.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-20 17:23:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lifesong at 2006-9-20 17:22
Yes, very poor.So please not mind.

So pls EXCUSE ME is the right English!!!
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-21 04:32:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sockmonkey at 9-4-2006 09:40
Agree with you, fuzzynuts... though I've never been in a situation like that, it's pretty common knowledge to foreign travelers in China that there are random spots that they've declared "rest ...

This happend once to me in Shanghai.  I wanted to stay in this dumpy hotel so I could be close to the public transpo, but was denied because I was a foreigner.  I was told the reason is that if something happens to a foreigner (e.g. health, injury, crime, etc) they will lose business or get in trouble with local police...something similar to that.  Maybe it's an insurance issue or something...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Right! Common knowledge to foreigners but not common knowledge to Chinese. As for the cheat hotels, I think this is partly a money issue but also an issue that many of these cheap hotels don't have computers so there is no way for the government to keep track of which hotels the foreigners are staying at.

Only one hotel I stayed at asked for my passport and they took down my information.  That particular hotel did not have any connection to a mainframe system, though the data was entered into a computer.  So, I am not totally convinced they are taking down passport info so the 'government' can track foreigners.  China, being a country that everyone loves to hate, ought to track foreigners to ensure they don't cause public dissruption like many seem hell-bent on doing even as a guest.  It's their job to prtoect citizens of China as they see fit and that's all they are doing in my eyes.  Doesn't matter if we  agree or not since we aren't Chinese nationals.

Regarding your first post in this thread (sorry i didn't make it past page3) I wonder, why do you want to go to a park that isn't of interest or worth the money as you suggest?  And, again I didn't read all of your posts, but did you ever mention the exact location of the park?  I got blasted a few times in China with a police officer, so if we know the exact location he might be able to provide some insight if I ask.  Who knows, maybe you got scammed by some corrupt police officials???

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-2 22:49:51 |Display all floors
Regarding your first post in this thread (sorry i didn't make it past page3) I wonder, why do you want to go to a park that isn't of interest or worth the money as you suggest?  And, again I didn't read all of your posts, but did you ever mention the exact location of the park?  I got blasted a few times in China with a police officer, so if we know the exact location he might be able to provide some insight if I ask.  Who knows, maybe you got scammed by some corrupt police officials??? ...

What I am saying is ... places that are not major tourist attractions but places you wouldn't mind just checking out for an hour. I could mention the name of the park.. but it is useless. It isn't a place that any foreigner would know. It isn't in any guidebook but still an interesting part of Chinese culture. When you say you got blasted with a police officer... you are meaning drunk? If so, then I have done that a few times myself. But these are just pee-ons. Unless you are getting drunk with the director of the local PSB... it doesn't get you anywhere. As for getting scammed by some corrupt police officials..... aren't they all corrupt? I did confirm with the local Foreign Affairs Office that it was an offlimit to foreigners location. But hey, atleast they all have their stories straight, right?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.