Author: johnyou

tell us the words that u think are uncivilized.. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-8-29 20:04:06 |Display all floors
thank u guys for yr kind responses..!!! the forum wishes u good luck..!!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-29 21:38:04 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-29 21:55:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by huang262 at 2006-8-29 21:38
The term "China bigot" should be banned. It is highly offensive and is used by uncivilised people who hates China!

Mod will surely read this post and consider what to do...!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-30 11:42:52 |Display all floors

The expression of thought through words always have some negative.....

responses from other people. One person will find a word offensive while another finds the same word as acceptable. Even the four letter words have their place in language.
   Which is better Censorship of some words for a few people or the individual reader choosing to read a post or not?
   Censorship gives the sense of control by others who then decide what is offensive or not. Personally I prefer to choose what to read. If I don't like what I read then I can always click away from it.
   Who decides what is civilized? My perception of being civilized is much different from the majority. An example would be a backward tribe who lives in a remote area and call them uncivilized yet at the same time their traditions of their way of dealing with their society could be considered as an advanced civilization and far superior to most cultures that consider themselves "civilized". In my culture of America the "Freedom of speech" is a highly valued right. Even though what I say might offend someone. Censorship is not what I consider an honest approach to the problem of offensive language. Another person can not know what I personally find offensive.  The freedom to choose what I read is far more important to me. I am responsible for my own actions when I am writing or reading or speaking.

We all fall into a level of acceptance. Like the layers of a cake we find that layer which we are most comfortable with.Censorship keeps us from the free association with those most like ourselves.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-30 12:02:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by johnyou at 2006-8-29 15:48
and should be banned from the forum!!!

thank u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Uncivilized" and "worth banning" are two vastly different things. It is uncivilized to eat noodles with your hands, but that person shouldn't be banned from the restaurant.

And if the words are REALLY bad in my opinion, why would I want to say them here?

When I was little my older brother said he was curious to know what "bad words" I knew, so he asked me to tell him. I didn't want to, but he said it's not like I'm really saying them, he just wants to know what I know... so I said some. Then he said "Ha now I can tell Grandma you said ****!! hahahahaha!!!"

Here are some words *I* think are inappropriate for public use, which this forum is:
f***
s***
c***
n******
f***tard
f***wit
f***nuts
f***head
s***head
a**face
a**hole
motherf*****
motherf*************
motherf****************
stupid motherf**************
stupid motherf******************ing moron

Of course it's OK to say them HERE because we're not really USING them. But as Liangzai pointd out a while back at a similar discussion, it depends on HOW you use it and at WHOM it is directed.

And.... calling names like "stupid" or "retard" aren't nice, but people shouldn't be banned for them.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-30 12:06:41 |Display all floors
Haha.. I knew a jersey girl would know all the good ones

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-30 12:10:53 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2006-8-30 14:02

"Uncivilized" and "worth banning" are two vastly different things. It is uncivilized to eat noodles with your hands, but that person shouldn't be banned from the restauran ...

freakyqi..one more

f***c****
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.