Views: 50180|Replies: 86

CHINESE MEDICINE, DO YOU BELIEVE IT?? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-8-29 10:32:33 |Display all floors
I like the four major methods that traditional Chinese medicine use four  to get full and detailed information about the patients , namely observation, auscultation and olfaction, interrogation, pulse feeling and palpation. It's interperson treatment, instead of cold device-to-person relation.

the treatment might not turn out to be helpful instantly. But it does help to build my body in the long run, esp. when it comes to women's illness.

However it seems young doctors don't follow the methods strictly and are more fond of  a way that mixes Chinese and western methods to treat. They rely more on the modern medical devices and western medicine, leaving the traditional skills to detect illnesses unpracticed.

Do you believe TCM? Do you like it to be mixed with western medicine?

[ Last edited by chiaike at 2006-8-30 11:34 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-29 10:43:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chiaike at 2006-8-29 10:32
I like the four major methods that traditional Chinese medicine use four  to get full and detailed information about the patients , namely observation, auscultation and olfaction, interrogation, pu ...

I use TCM to strenghtened my Qi, :)

Get rid of "wind" in my tummy,

Take Herbs to rid me of stomach aches,Diarroea,

And wipe Tiger's Balm to get relief from body aches

I have 5 books all about TCM.
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-29 10:57:12 |Display all floors
I use TCM to strenghtened my Qi

what is Qi? Is it the same with Qi Gong?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-29 11:28:43 |Display all floors
I'd like to learn more about it. I have a few books about it too. I would definitely try it for most things. Of course if something is urgent, like I have a cancerous tumor, I might want it to be cut out of me (western style) along WITH TCM to heal afterwards and ward off any stray bits & get healthier & stay healthy.

I don't know that I would trust TCM, no surgery, to get rid of a tumor unless I could have it measured every week and SEE it getting smaller. Then I'd be like YEAH! Woohoo!! I can get rid of a tumor without knives or chemo!!!

But let's not think about that, shall we?

Oh, my taiji teacher helped my son's back & his knee with TCM. Our regular doctor was like... put a heating pad on it. Take a hot bath. I thought, "no duh, we've already tried those things & they didn't work, that's why we're HERE at the DOCTOR's office" Did he think we couldn't think of a heating pad on our own? I don't pay for that advice.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-29 12:20:19 |Display all floors
My major is the Traditional Chinese Medical Science.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-29 13:13:05 |Display all floors
i think it's good for preserve one's healthy.but in fact it's hard and slow to cure the disease efficiently.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-29 13:38:21 |Display all floors
but it would be efficient on curbing if you are having a cough...
and usu. at this time,western prescription doesn't  seem to help much....
haha....
qigong?i don't believe in such things...i would think that ppl who boast that qigong is capable of getting you recover from disease are actually a big cheat....they are not honest.in china(or maybe in guangdong province),we don't believe in qigong.maybe it is all because of the little knowledge gained that westerners may be interested in it and may even have a try.haha...
it won't work...
I wish everyone healthy!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.