Views: 5268|Replies: 7

do u know when people wanna change?... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-8-26 21:28:03 |Display all floors
People don’t change when they feel good. They change when they're fed up. When things are going all right, we all tend to do pretty much what we’ve been doing. Pain pushes us to those crucial turning points--- we hurt , then finally choose…

When do u wanna change?...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-26 23:00:05 |Display all floors
I see what you mean, and I agree.
But there ARE times when I've wanted to change when I was in a good mood or a good place in life. Sometimes when things are good, I see how great they can be, and I feel like more options are open to me, I feel more free, so I might do a little something more, using the good energy I already have.

Here's an example about when I was with a guy. Well, I know I need to exercise more, but I always put it off, or make excuses, etc. Ok, I'm over 30 and our bodies start to go a little downhill, gaining fat easier, etc... so...... I remember feeling this way:
When we were happy together, having fun, etc, I wanted to exercise more so I could be healthier to do more fun things, and I'll confess, a little bit for him because I was starting to get embarrassed of my body and I didn't want to feel that way when we were "together"......
But when we weren't happy together, things weren't going so well, I didn't want to bother changing because I felt "what's the use, who cares?" I don't care if I'm 10lbs overweight, what's the big deal, lots of people are...

There you have it.
:-\

By the way, I still have that 10lbs but I know it will melt away as soon as I get to China, so I decided to not even THINK about it. Thanks for making me think about it, Johnyou.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-26 23:08:24 |Display all floors
the example u gave is really a good complement to my thread...ths!!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-27 03:42:53 |Display all floors
I wanna change everyday, to be a better person. Unfortunately, there are days when I want to be a more "bad" person because when your nice, people take advantage

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-27 11:13:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by divina at 2006-8-27 03:42
I wanna change everyday, to be a better person. Unfortunately, there are days when I want to be a more "bad" person because when your nice, people take advantage

don't keep yrself so busy every day...relax each night and chat with yr old pal...which i dont hope u'll change on a daily basis...!!!! as i intend to be one of them...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-27 12:28:37 |Display all floors
Even if we want to change and we try to, we eventually drift back to our auto-pilot mode of existance.

That’s why new years resolutions usually only last a few weeks, if that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-27 12:35:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by outaphase at 2006-8-27 12:28
Even if we want to change and we try to, we eventually drift back to our auto-pilot mode of existance.

Oh! That's the worst!!! Ugh!!!!!!! How many times have I made schedules, plans, lists, charts.... all attempts at getting my life more organized, making time to do the things I want to start doing (like exercise, eating better, etc).... but the calendar gets ignored.... the lists get left in the dust..... and I fall back into old habits. Not all the time, but a lot.

Darn old habits.
Darn old ways of thinking.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.