Author: demon007

beijing , my home [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-8-26 05:39:09 |Display all floors
freakyqi

in my opinion, freeze can be translated to 和风,but it's more formal, like if you are writing a book or speech, 和风is better, if you talk to someone, i'd say 微风,or 清风 or 轻风

again, it's only my opinion

back to topic, i dont really like beijing, i like my home town Dalian better, the weather in beijing is horrible, and the traffic, dont get me started,  i was in a cab from the airport to my mate's place, in rush hour it took the cab driver 30mins to drive 500 meters, im not joking, if some old people who 's in critical health condition, i wouldnt recomed them to live in beijing, because if , God forbid, anything happen to them, there is a good chance they couldnt make it to the hospital and struck in traffic and ........gone    %^T&&*^&*^**(&%

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-31 23:39:42 |Display all floors
i once gone to dalian city, in my eyes, it is sure a beautiful place

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-1 04:43:24 |Display all floors

Reply #28 freakyqi's post

Here is a link to some data compiled by the World Bank on comparative air pollution levels:
http://devdata.worldbank.org/wdi2005/Table3_13.htm

Some comparisons for particulate matter, sulfur dioxide, and nitrogen dioxide respectively:

Beijing                106,   90,   122
New York             23,    26,     79
Los Angeles       38,       9,     74
London - about the same as New York

Descriptions of Beijing's climate remind me of what Spaniards said about Madrid's climate, "seis meses de invierno y seis meses de infierno".  That is, "six months of winter and six months of hell".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-1 06:00:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by diogenes at 2006-9-1 04:43
Here is a link to some data compiled by the World Bank on comparative air pollution levels:
http://devdata.worldbank.org/wdi2005/Table3_13.htm

Some comparisons for particulate matter ...

Hmm. Great. Thanks.
How are all those people still alive in those polluted cities? Well, I've read a bit about Beijing moving some of its pollution elsewhere so hopefully those numbers will be down already and go down a bit each year.

Thanks for real.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-1 06:32:45 |Display all floors

ouch!!

Freaky you will be breathing some nice qi eh? lol

get to the parks and breathe  at least..
don't want to have to detox that liver in your first week there..
still, pollution and all..i wish i was coming with you..give me a dose of fresh pollution and a few billion qimen to look at every day i wake up..it would be a mini heaven lol..

no only joking..i only have eyes for one qiman..
but i think of chinese as a beautiful looking race anyway..maybe i am biased..the women too are very pretty..

but the hearts and minds are just as important to me..
got to get into those political threads when all the kids go back to school..will have time to study the mindsets..
i'm not just ai and qi you know  hehe.

mad xilaren..xxxe

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-1 07:47:18 |Display all floors
Beijing is an international city. It has a lot of flavor but it is very overcrowded, too much pollution, and the sand storms that come off of the Gobi desert are terrible. Another reason for the poor air quality is because of all the construction. With the Olympics just around the corner, there is a lot of construction and renovation causing a lot of dirt and dust. There are other cities in China that offer the same kind of international flavor and better living conditions such as Dalian, Qingdao, and Shenzhen. Beijing has a lot of great sites..... Tiananment Square, Forbidden City, The Great Wall.... its a nice place to visit but living there has its drawbacks.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-1 19:03:57 |Display all floors

I'm working in beijing SOHO new town , nice to meet you .

I'm working in beijing SOHO new town , nice to meet you .
Make friends all over the world , Msn : jay_vertex@hotmail.com

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.