Author: copchen

新闻翻译练习C-E:“闪电侠” [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-8-21 14:11:43 |Display all floors
alice's revisions, as always, are great but I have to touch it up just a bit:
Wang Shipeng even passed the ball unexpectedly to Dwyane Wade twice, and the “Flash” made full use of this largesse; his slam dunk and a three-point shoot enlarged the gap to 30 points in moments.
"even twice" would not be used at the end of a sentence like that, and, as far as  I know, there is no such expression as "blinking moments."

Actually, "largesse" is a rather fancy word for a sports article but I'm pressed to come up with a suitable synonym.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-21 14:21:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jeff_in_sf at 2006-8-21 14:11
alice's revisions, as always, are great but I have to touch it up just a bit: "even twice" would not be used at the end of a sentence like that, and, as far as  I know, there is no ...

JEFF,

Acutally, "largesse" occured to me at first thought. I corrected it to "largess", which I read in W.B.White's Here is New York.

You are always the one to put a seal on my comments.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.