Author: copchen

新闻翻译练习C-E:“闪电侠” [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-8-21 11:20:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by aliceqiu at 2006-8-21 11:17
How about "unexpectedly"?

有道理。改成:
It caused Wang Shipeng unexpectedly to pass the ball to Dwyane Wade twice, and the “Flash”......

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-21 11:23:13 |Display all floors
Americans-->American players
strengthen ->strengthened
caused ‘引起’的意思.表示某事物发生的原因。这里是‘逼迫’how about "forced"
point difference-> expanded the gap....

王仕鹏居然两次将球直接传到韦德手上
Even twice, Wang had to pass the ball to ...

闪电侠lightening man?

[ Last edited by hly2006 at 2006-8-21 11:31 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-21 11:36:09 |Display all floors
In the third quarter Americans suddenly strengthen their snatch to block the Chinese serve near the bottom line. Under the great pressure, Wang Shipeng unexpectedly passed the ball to Dwyane Wade even twice, and the “Flash” couldn’t turn down this big gift-package of course; his slam dunk and a three-point shoot enlarged the gap up to 30 points in a few seconds.

在诸位的帮助下,改的总算比一开始好一些了。:)

闪电侠到底是不是Flash啊?可能还是zzhcharles说的对吧。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-21 11:42:41 |Display all floors
我觉得还是要去看完NBA网站后再来翻译:-)
总觉得不简练

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-21 11:44:06 |Display all floors
问问美国体育画报的人怎么说WADE吧

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-21 13:09:32 |Display all floors
I am a layman in basketball. However, I think Copchen did very well in the translation. A few suggestions are as follows though:

第三节,美国队突然加强了对中国队底线发球的逼抢,王仕鹏居然两次将球直接传到韦德手上,“闪电侠”没有推托这送上门来的大礼,扣篮加三分让美国队瞬间将分差扩大到了30分。

In the third quarter, the Americans suddenly intensified their snatches to block the Chinese serves near the bottom line. Under the great pressure, Wang Shipeng unexpectedly passed the ball to Dwyane Wade even twice, and the “Flash” made full use of this largess; his slam dunk and a three-point shoot enlarged the gap to 30 points in blinking moments.

首先,我认为“Americans”前应该加“the”。其次,“逼抢”和“发球”应该不止一次发生,所以用复数。第三,“闪电侠没有推托这送上门来的大礼”,这句话意味着“韦德顺水推舟,……”。第四,“瞬间”用“in a few seconds”有点太夸张了。

[ Last edited by aliceqiu at 2006-8-21 01:12 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-21 13:48:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by aliceqiu at 2006-8-21 13:09
I am a layman in basketball. However, I think Copchen did very well in the translation. A few suggestions are as follows though:

第三节,美国队突然加强了对中国队底线发球的逼 ...

改得好!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.