Author: adolaowai

a black guy dating a chinese girl, normal, magnificent, scary or BT  Close [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-1-10 12:40:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by scarylaowei at 2007-12-27 22:46

mmmm get the New Year off to a nice detrimental and BT start?

LOL ..you are catching up on the meaning of BT ...LOL , sure is nice to take the New Year off to China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-10 19:02:00 |Display all floors

My dear aikun9372

hahaah showoff!!!!!!!!! haha even I can't write that.. i think *wonders*
hahaha if u ever witness one of the "debates" aka war, probably u will bak me up by speaking to them in chinese
I just feel that parents can control their children's relationship to an extent.... like whether that person is mistreating ur children...etc but not whether the person is a different colour.. or different race...... coz i still think theres nothing different about who they really r..
So I'm standing up for what i believe is right.

Boyfriend is fine, except he, like a typical guy, who doesnt really think special dates r special... he was the last one to call me to say happy bday... haha but then, he did call in the end.. which.. makes up for it i guess
HAHAHA the Dr. Phil type of people who solve people's problems.... who also hav problems themselves :P
hehehhehehe
btw do u do msn??

DK

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-24 19:53:05 |Display all floors

For Renaful

I remember 10 years ago I was in the same situation as you and because I was still living with family and not-financially independent, I kept it quiet and also because it was a long-distance relationship.  I knew what my family thought of blacks... I think your boyfriend is very thoughtful and cares very much for you because he even says that you should experience more.    In most cases the first boyfriend would not be the firt person to settle down with for the rest of your life because you are still naive about relationships and what should be acceptable and unacceptable.  When I think of my first boyfriend (black) I think "What an idiot". He was not a bad person, just not suitable for me although I really though he was the one at first.

I suggest you should concentrate on your studies but still keep in touch and keep in quiet in your heart.  If things work out, you will grow up and be independent from your family and do what you want.  Be brave, and not let yout family discourage you from who you chose to love.  hey may be wiser than you so listen to them but they are not always right about things. Respect then and try to accept that they are too stubborn and ignorant to change their ways - if they do change, then it's a big bonus.  If you get throgh this, you will be able to handle anything that comes your way.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-24 20:00:23 |Display all floors

For dkscott

Hello little sister, it seems that you are maturing and coping with things much better - well done.  We are lucky that our parents are not as extreme as other cultures where a family member would gladly kill us to save the honour of the family.  Have a look at "honour killings" on the web and it will make your blood run cold.  It happens alot on India and to the Indians who move abroad, including England.  So when things get bad, at least we don't have to fear for our lives.  In fact, my hubby was a bit worried at one point he would be lynched for being with me.  Now we live in a multicultural country (not England - we moved from there) and I am not bothered by anyone.  Still there are the curious eyes, especially the chinese.  The blacks are more accepting than my own people!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-24 20:06:44 |Display all floors

For Jayzee

It is inevitable that there will be races that will keep to themselves and inter-racial relationships occurring as well.  Both are not a bad thing but if the individuals are brainwashed to believe their own race is better than others or their own race is the worse then it is wrong and should not be encouraged.  I believe people should be educated and informed all sides of the story than only a single facet which breeds ignorance and fear.  Then it will promote freedom of choice and avoid prejudice.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-24 20:12:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xiaoluwuhan at 2007-12-28 22:40
all the people on this earth is equal,we should not say something like "black people" or "white people" and so on.we are all human people.we are all the same from foot to head.i ...

I wish there are more people like you but the majority of chinese are not. Quite often the chinese will say they are open.  This is true to the extent they can do business with blacks and be acquaintances but having relationships with them is generally a no-go area.  So, there is racism, some easily detectable on the surface and some are much more subtle.  For example:  I remember my second cousin was complimenting to me about this black customer who was well-spoken, polite, and a mature student.  But she would be horrified if I was his boyfriend (I am sure).

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.