Views: 2527|Replies: 5

Top 4 April fools [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-8-11 15:43:18 |Display all floors
No 1.Less Gravity

British astronmer Patrick Moore annnounced on BBC Radio 2 that at exactly 9:47 a.m the planet Pluto would pass behind the planet Jupiter,resulting in a strong pull against the Earth's own grativity and making people lighter for the moment.He told listeners that they could experience this jumping in the air at 9:47.If they did so,he said,They would experience floating.
When 9:47 a.m arrived,BBC2 began to receive hundreds of calls from listeners who claimed that they had felt the floating.One woman claimed that she had been seated around a table with 11 friends,had begun to float around the room.Another caller complained that she had risen from the ground so rapidly that she had hit her head on the ceiling.......

No.2 A   Strange   Island
The "Guardian '' published a special seven page supplement describing the tenth anniversary of the small island of San Serriffe.Articles described the strange culture of the island .One strange island custom was the festival of the Well made play.During which islanders would perform the complete cycle of plays by playwright William Douglas -Home in English,Caslon,and Ki-flong (languages of the island)Strangely enough,the islanders did not appear to understand the play themselves.
"If you have a picture of San Serriffe,we'd like to see it.'' The Guardian reported that its phone rang all day as people called up requesting more information about this island.
The island reappeared on April Fool's Day in 1978,1980,and 1999.Moreover,each time it reappeared the island had changed location.
It began in the Indian Ocean,moved to The South China Sea,and ended up in the North Atlantic..

No.3   UFO lands near London

On March 31,astonsihed British  policemen were sent to investigate a glowing flying saucer that had settled down in a field in Surrey.As the policemen approached it, the door opened in the bottom of the ship and a small figure wearing a silver space suit walked out.The policemen immediately fled in the opposite direction.The figure turned out to be a midget,and the flying saucer was a hot air balloon that had been specially built to look like a  UFO by Richard Branson,the 36-year-old chariman of Virgin Records.Branson had taken off in the balloon the day before ,planning to land in london's Hyde Park on April 1.However ,a wind change had blown him down a day early in the Surrey field.
The police reported that they received a flood of phone calls from scared motorist using roadside emergency phones as he balloon passed by the highway.One lady  reportedly called a radio station to describe the UFO that she was looking at,not realising  that she was standing in front of her wondow naked
One of the policemen who had to approach the "UFO'' later admitted that"i have never been so scared in 20 years of being a policeman.''

No.4 The Swiss Spaghetti Harvest

On April 1,1957 the British  news show broadcast  a story about the big spaghetti harvest in southern Switzerland.The success of the crop was because of an unusually mid winter.The audience heard the details of the spaghetti crop as they watched a rural Swiss family picking up spaghetti off trees and placing it into baskets
Why,if spaghetti grows on trees,does it always come in uniform lengths?The answer was that"this is the result of many years of patient effort.''
And the life of the spaghetti farmer was not free of worries:"the last two weeks of March are an anxious time for spaghetti farmers.There's always the chance of a late frost which,while not entirely destroying the crops,generally affects the flavor and makes it difficult for him to obtain top prices in world market.''
For those who  love this dish,there's nothing like real ,home-grown spaghetti .
The BBC was flooded with calls,and when curious  viewers asked how they could grow spaghetti trees,and the BBC reportedly replied that they should "place a piece of spaghetti in a tin of tomato sauce and hope for the best.''
Travelbug's life is on here
http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/63969/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-12 00:21:06 |Display all floors

LOL...

awesome stuff...
- We don't dwell on the past, we remember it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-12 00:38:40 |Display all floors

HAHAHAHAHAHHA

i laughed my socks off!
i love that stuff!!!!  ohhh yeah!!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-12 03:01:46 |Display all floors
OMG people are that stupid??? Spaghetti trees? Are those people like 4 years old???

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-12 10:23:33 |Display all floors
Freakyqi, I've seen the film of the spaghetti growing, and it was well done and very funny.  As far as people being incredibly gullible, I remember thare was panic reaction in New Jersey about the "War of the Worlds" broadcast way before your time.

Travelbug, those are great.  I especially liked the one about jumping at 9:47.

BTW, I checked your site that you show in your signature, and it has some really good travel pics.  Have you posted anything about your trips in the travel section here?

[ Last edited by diogenes at 2006-8-11 09:24 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-12 11:03:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by diogenes at 2006-8-12 10:23
Freakyqi, I've seen the film of the spaghetti growing, and it was well done and very funny.  As far as people being incredibly gullible, I remember thare was panic reaction in New Jersey about the  ...

Oh sorry Diogenes, I hope I didn't hurt your feelings. Do you know how spaghetti is made now, dear?

Yes, War of the Worlds, right here in NJ, way, way, WAY before my time.  I can understand that one better though... maybe because it's more "unknown". I guess this leads us into "fear of the unknown" & stuff. I mean, I guess if a person has NO CLUE how spaghetti is made, they could believe it..... but.... that's a tough one.... it's PASTA, NOODLES, doesn't everyone in the world know that spaghetti and money both don't grow on trees?

Aliens coming here.... well.... there's no hard solid proof it's not possible. But spaghetti.... you can read the label. And you can see it's not a fruit or vegetable. Didn't their mothers teach them ANYTHING?
*sigh...*

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.