Views: 4180|Replies: 14

what would you do? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-8-5 01:23:04 |Display all floors
heres what happened yesterday

i got out of the learning center to have a ciggarete, saw this gougeous girl, blue eyes, blonde hair, so i walked up to talk to her, we chatted for like 10-15 mins, turned out she is half american half polish (which makes me want her more !!) then she gave me her number, and we were gonna meet up the next day for a coffee, then i left.

about 2 or 3 hours later, i walked pass that learning center again, saw another girl, i started chatting with her with her. everything went well, just when i was about to ask her number, the mixed girl i had talked to earlier, walked out of the door towards me!

here is what i did, i all of a sudden got all embarrassed somehow and just said to the girl i was talking to "i gotta go, later" and just ran off like a little chicken left the girl confused.

i guess i was just feeling guilty, but should i feel guilty? i should feel that way should i? i dont know why the hell i did that.

so guys, has it ever happened to you before? what did you do or what would yo do?

and girls, how would you feel about it if you find out a guy is chatting some other girl up just a few hours later after he got your number and was about to take you out on a date?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-5 01:43:57 |Display all floors
Hahaha!!!!! LOL..... Sorry to laugh, but that story really did make me laugh! I imagined you saying "whoops! Gotta go!" and quickly dropping your cigarette and running, like in a cartoon. In way you deserved the guilt and awkwardness!

Ok, really,  let's see.... Was it obvious to either girl what you were doing? If I was girl #1 and knew you were "chatting up" (where does that phrase come from? I've only heard it here but I like it) another girl, I would figure you were a player and only wanted  to meet as many girls as possible. If I only had mild interest in you, I would probably not go out with you. If for some reason I already thought I liked you a lot, I might have coffee or something simple one time, to see what you were really like & try to see if you are being real or fake.

After all, I wouldn't really know WHY you were talking to girl #2, maybe you knew her from somewhere and you weren't really chatting her up, you were just saying hi to an old classmate or something.

I'm glad you feel guilty, but really, don't feel TOO guilty, you only knew girl #1 for 15 minutes! Not even one date yet, so it's not like you had any obligation to her. Go ahead and call the first girl for coffee, give it a try. If she says no, it might mean she saw you and thinks you're a player. If that's the case, chat up girl #2 again.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-5 02:07:48 |Display all floors
Hi freakyqi!

thank you for reply.

how's packing going? are you all ready for your trip to Beijing?

and to answer your question, yes, it does look obvious that i was doing to that girl, i was smiling at her at all time like i got a hanger in my mouth, the girl 2 was so pretty in fact, i am not sure if i was dribbling while talking to her.

well anyway im all screwed, the girl 1 wouldnt answer the phone, the girl 2 is nowhere to be found.

偷鸡不成蚀把米,赔了夫人又折兵。

i chatted with 2 girls, i didnt get anything!!! anything!! the only accomplishment i have achieved by doing that is that i made freakyqi laugh! now you are probably either in US or China, either way i wont be able to date you although i made you laugh.

anyway, that doesnt mean i am a player does it? i am not a player, to talk to girl 2  was instict. that 's something any guy would do!!  come on, any blokes here? back me up here would you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-5 02:09:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2006-8-4 12:43
Hahaha!!!!! LOL..... Sorry to laugh, but that story really did make me laugh! I imagined you saying "whoops! Gotta go!" and quickly dropping your cigarette and running, like i ...

If I was girl #1 and knew you were "chatting up" (where does that phrase come from? I've only heard it here but I like it)

lmao, i do that sometimes too - imagine ppl being cartoonish

cuz u are american! j/k... but i believe it is a british phrase. it comes from the same idea as the one of "chat-up lines" i think.
- We don't dwell on the past, we remember it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-5 02:24:22 |Display all floors
YEah I though it was british.

Here's a laugh for you guys, the Babelfish translation of that chinese phrase up there:
"Went for wool andcome back shorn, compensates madame to fold the soldier."

I get the idea of the first part, but that second part is all jacked up! "fold the soldier?!?" LOL...

Constantine - It doesn't mean you ARE a player, but that's what it might have looked like. So here's an american phrase: "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush." Ha... get it? It means don't be greedy & barely have two or more things, concentrate on having just one thing, but having it for certain.
Next time don't chat 'em up in the same place, same time! Maybe girl #2 will be back tomorrow or in a few days.

I'm not in China yet. Yesterday was my last big day of work. From now until I leave i only teach a few stray classes a week. My packing must now seriously begin. (actually packing will be easy, it's emptying my apartment that's hard!)

confused, are you close enough to come help? You can have whatever you want as your payment.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-5 02:44:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2006-8-4 13:24

Here's a laugh for you guys, the Babelfish translation of that chinese phrase up there:
"Went for wool andcome back shorn, compensates madame to fold the sol ...

i dont get this either lol... what chinese phrase does it come from?

confused, are you close enough to come help?  You can have whatever you want as your payment.

did u say "WHATEVER" i want?
- We don't dwell on the past, we remember it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-5 03:13:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by theconfused at 2006-8-5 02:44

i dont get this either lol... what chinese phrase does it come from?

From the only chinese in this freakin' thread, doofball!
偷鸡不成蚀把米,赔了夫人又折兵。
Constantine wrote that a few posts back.

did u say "WHATEVER" i want?

ACKKK!!!! I meant you can take whatever you want from my apartment!!!!!
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!   :lol

(because I'm getting rid of so much stuff)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.