Author: shanhuang

The "Good" Behavior of Foreigners in China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-8-19 08:41:53 |Display all floors
The misconcept of development in China doesn't start with money. It starts with good education and deprogramming. Chinese people have been brainwashed by the Chinese government for so long that they don't know what's right any more. All they can do is believe what people tell them. The only reason why the Chinese government allows foreigners to work here is because companies and schools make a lot of money off of foreigners. When schools don't take education seriously and only prepare students for an exam, in the long run, everyone fails. When Universities tell professors to pass the students no matter what, so that the school stats look better than what they really are, everyone fails. China wants to be a global power once again but most Chinese are unable to multi-task and incapable of critical thinking. Unless Beijing accepts the responsibility for the education of its people, the only cities in China that will really develop are the coastal port cities. The rest of China will suffer.
I have had to deal with many problems with Chinese companies stealing money from foreigners, treating us like dirt, and developing "guanxi" with local PSB to harass foreigners. I have had documented proof to show my case to local newspapers and tv reporters but all have told me "sorry, we believe you. but we can't print anything negative about China involving a foreigner. The newpaper could face a penalty by the central government."  But if a foreigner does anything wrong, the report is immediately printed so that all Chinese people think China is so perfect and foreigners are the scum of the earth. F***ing hypocrites!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-22 06:52:53 |Display all floors
Yes. I know. I have seen it in action. The newspaper basically said that the mob of 500 people that attacked the young man and actually fought with Police was 'not wrong'. They neglected to say that the young man had been hit with objects and kicked and punched. Lies,lies,lies. The townsfolk didn't even believe the reporters story.
That was at least heartening to see.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-22 16:47:02 |Display all floors

Do in China as Chinese does? Is that the answer?

I hope no.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-23 08:39:29 |Display all floors
Sigapore is the third least corrupt country in the world. Its hard for me to believe a person from Singapore would do such a thing.  Its a country to emulate.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-23 14:44:38 |Display all floors

Reply #29 fuzzynuts's post

Chinese people have been brainwashed by the Chinese government for so long that they don't know what's right any more. All they can do is believe what people tell them. The only reason why the Chinese government allows foreigners to work here is because companies and schools make a lot of money off of foreigners. When schools don't take education seriously and only prepare students for an exam, in the long run, everyone fails.

Are you sure you are not barinwashed? Ask yourself a question -- Do Chinese know more about America or Americans know more about China? Why are Americans brainwashed to believe Saddam had WMD and connection with 9/11?

If Chinese government allows foreigners  in China for money, you think American government allows foreigners in USA for love?

LOL.

China definitely puts a lot emphasis on education, it may not be what you want. China may need to improve its education system but it doesn't necessarily follow exact your ways.

It's good to give constructive suggestions to China but don't expect China to be designed for a foreigner to feel comfortable.

The first thing you may need to learn in China is -- understand China from a Chinese point of view and be patience.

[ Last edited by shanhuang at 2006-8-23 02:47 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-23 14:52:01 |Display all floors

Reply #30 tekvicious's post

Yes. I know. I have seen it in action. The newspaper basically said that the mob of 500 people that attacked the young man and actually fought with Police was 'not wrong'. They neglected to say that the young man had been hit with objects and kicked and punched. Lies,lies,lies. The townsfolk didn't even believe the reporters story.
That was at least heartening to see.

Do you really know?

I don't thinnk so ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-25 14:24:16 |Display all floors

Reply #29 fuzzynuts's post

fuzzynuts,

I did receive your PM, and I know two of your posts on this thread have been deleted.

It seems you are very upset and you think it had something to do with me?

Let me tell you, It's a trick of the supermod "chiandaily", he hasn't received professional training yet.

So you need to be patient.

[ Last edited by shanhuang at 2006-8-25 02:32 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.