Author: shanhuang

The "Good" Behavior of Foreigners in China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-8-8 02:30:37 |Display all floors

Reply #21 mencius's post

This is a typical Anglo Roman Catholic's good behavior. Good display.

[ Last edited by shanhuang at 2006-8-8 02:31 AM ]
BKN Queen.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-8 05:33:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by shanhuang at 7-8-2006 19:30

Indeed. We believe in national patriotism and inter-ethnic relations.
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-8 18:03:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mencius at 2006-8-8 01:34
If you're talking about the Vatican, there are less than 1,000 people there. Most are Catholic clergy, nuns and the Swiss guard. How can you expect the Pope to allow them to be converted? It is the nerve-centre of the Church itself. It would be like another faith demanding the right to convert the guardian priests of the Holy Shrine of Mecca!

Your analogy doesn't work at all, it is quite ridiculous. The Vatican doesn't demand the right to convert the Chinese government, just have relations with Chinese that are already Catholic.

I could say the same about many members of this forum, including yourself regarding attitudes towards certain Taiwan leaders. Plenty of people here spend lots of time saying nasty things about non-Chinese. Where is your criticism of them? Oh, of course - you can say what you like about foreigners or other countries, just not criticise China or Chinese.........

Yes, and all Chinese are members of great China... we can't allow several of them pledge loyalty to aggresive political forces outside. Same concern with you... vatican won't allow their members to pledge loyalty to others.
Chinese central government still allow Chinese moslems to pledge "loyalty" to Mecca...because they don't meddle with political affairs!

You know why? Because those dpp's supporters are separatist that want to divide Chinese soil.. they couldn't even know their and their ancestors' identity correctly. Their mind is not China's... when Taiwan is China's soil. We're cleaning Taiwan, our backyard... and I suggest you to do the same, clean your domestic inter-ethnic problems before jump into the mud in Iraq.

Other members saying nasty things about non-Chinese? I won't echoing them if I don't agree with their points.

You know iluv2fish, I don't agree with his points, he attack China's policy .. I even argue with him on various issues, but I respect him as an American patriot. He ever said that he became defensive when there's too much attack toward Bush, I respect this, because I believe his core intention is not to insult China's development.

[ Last edited by northwest at 2006-8-9 07:21 PM ]
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-8 18:07:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by shanhuang at 2006-8-8 02:30

And I wonder why he chose 'mencius' ... instead of 'pope' with madonna in bikini as avatar.

[ Last edited by northwest at 2006-8-8 06:27 PM ]
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-10 09:54:44 |Display all floors

Reply #25 northwest's post

Good suggestion, northewest.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-18 00:28:01 |Display all floors

What was done to this foreigner?

Was he fined, arrested and jailed, or the police just saw this act as something silly and laughed it off?

I think he is quite an essentric. But I would like to ask him what he plans to do the picture taken, if I get an answer to this, then I would like to track and see where that picture would end up.

If I were there I would also pick up the money, a yuan saved is a yuan earned. But I would not compete with someone else who happened to be by my side doing the same thing, just in case somebody else gets violent, then that one yuan saved might have to go to the doctor....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-18 11:02:59 |Display all floors
the foreigner has underestimated Chinese. if he scattered massive 100 yuan but the Fen and Jiao coins on the ground, I don't think all the person can reining in their behavior.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.