Author: xiaoyue8672

In china,the poor people is poorer ,the rich people is richer. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-8-1 00:02:02 |Display all floors
First, China needs to get rid of this hukou thing as it so discrimatory to its own migrant people. These people are already poorer than the city dwellers yet they must pay a even higher price for their childrens education and what not. In the eyes of common logic, how f*cked up is that seriously.
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-2 10:10:59 |Display all floors

The poor gets poorer

So poor is he that he skips meals. The ones he does not skip, they are steamed rolls with a spoonful of salted vegetable.

So poor is he that he cannot afford newspapers. He does not have a TV, nor a radio.He is isolated from the world which belongs to those with money.

So poor is he that he does not wash himself very often. He smells and the city dwellers turn away when he walks into their paths.

So poor is he that he cannot find a fair job. His city boss owes him wages which will never be paid.

So poor is he that he sleeps right next to the construction site. It's not a home, it's simply a piece of board.

So poor is he that he is invisible to the society at large. Once his labour expires, the city dwellers sigh a relief when he has disappeared.

So poor is he that he is ignorant of his civic rights. He does not know the role of government, let alone a debate on democracy or communism.

He only wants to live.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-2 10:58:44 |Display all floors
Increased health care for the poor , yeah, this is effective way,but some  government officials are corrupt,   we don't know  where  the funds for poor will go,,,,        the officials own them ,,,,
  this phenomenon exists  everywhere in the world,,,,,,,,,

Increased taxation to fund services like education
i don't think it's the only and effective way,  but  like  matt605 said
but if they can afford the basics  and if their children have an opportunity to improve themselves through education and work.
is a way for the poor children to become strong and make the family condition be more better ,,,,,,,
We love our home,though our feet can leave it,yet our hearts can't.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-2 11:00:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by hooiluangoh at 2006-8-2 10:10
So poor is he that he skips meals. The ones he does not skip, they are steamed rolls with a spoonful of salted vegetable.

So poor is he that he cannot afford newspapers. He does not have a TV, n ...

:) you get the point  and understand them more,,,,,,,,
We love our home,though our feet can leave it,yet our hearts can't.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-2 11:58:24 |Display all floors
This problem is caused by many reasons. I think that the lagging development of rural economics is the most important, if the goverment want to solve this problem.

In the past years, goverment has pushed some policy to increase the development of rural economics. This is an advancement, but it is not enough yet!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-3 16:58:19 |Display all floors

who can solve this problem?

to be honest
when i saw the poor people can afford their meal,their clothes ,their house...
i feel very sad...
the text tell us that our people live happily
our country is a fortunate country...
i don't know whether it tells a lie
because i know a lot of people still live in poor in our country while the others live in developed city and
lead a defirent life,,,
the gap between poor and rich is bigger an bigger
do you think our goverment can solve this problem?
i am prssimate...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-6 14:01:54 |Display all floors

gap between rich and poor

in the usa , an actor get 20 to 50 million per bad movie, a boxer get  the same amount for 12 round of boxing , a ceo get around 50 to 100 million per year.
definitely, the gap in the usa is much wider than in china.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.