Author: a__lucky_boy

I am very confused about that why Taiwan do not want to return [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-7-29 08:11:10 |Display all floors
twchinese:

There you go again with your hypocrisy.  Make up your mind.   You question me about how China Taiwan affects me, yet you don’t question other Americans who are supportive of your point of view.  What a hypocrite!  So much for open debate, since you cannot handle it.  You only welcome people that support your point of view, and are afraid of people who have a counterview.  

Who are you to question how the China Taiwan issue affects me?  I don’t need to justify to you why I chose to post on the China Taiwan issue.  You don’t see me asking you why you comment on the USA, and how does it affect you.  What is the matter?  Can’t handle a debate?   What gives you the temerity and unfounded arrogance to question me, when I have not questioned you in reverse?  If you are confident you can debate me on the facts and can make your own cogent arguments, then you should welcome a vigorous debate with me, or someone like me.  

I don’t support censoring anyone, because I’m confident enough with my facts to allow it to make my points.  Furthermore, I welcome the uninformed, the insular, the unfounded arrogant hypocrite, because that just gives me more opportunities to highlight my counterpoints.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-29 10:04:17 |Display all floors

To each his own.

To mencius :   moi avoiding the truth ? Never ! I have always been more interested in ' facts ' than ' truth ' becuae truth is too intangible and elusive ; it is hard enough, as we see here, to define ' facts '. I have used the Britannica simply to remind you that when a pommy like you can discard this very reliable source of information if it does not suit you and plumb for a straw poll result , then it is you who is attempting to side step ' truth '.

twchinese : I take umbrage of your personal attacks with baichi ... and question my right to speak on matters Taiwan because I do not reside in Taiwan ? Can I speak on things Lebanon then ? I do not live there ( thank goodness ) either ? Chen SB is a criminal who is selling his people out for a song ( fat pay packet for his family ) . Elections :  ie queuing up to put a mark on a piece of paper and dropping it in a box, do not a  " democracy " make. The DPP has made a business out of sham and cheat and thus the odour of " black gold " politics with a motto might as well be " One man one bribe ".

I will opine what I see correct ( not necessarily right ) on any situation on anything anywhere in the world. Until you tell me where you live and thus disqualify yourself from speaking about things outside the 100 km radius of your abode, I will continue to do so. Talk about open debate and freedom of speech ! What hypocrisy, what humbug.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-29 10:57:31 |Display all floors

the wrong option about the reson of whether unification

In my opinionthe ,the political and social freedom is not the essential factor,nor the benefit of economy.people of mainland and taiwan are the Chinese Nation's offspring,our boby flow the same blood.we originally  is the member of identical family.
So the unification is inevitable,don't complain each other again! The development of one country has periodicity,Chinese finally will be a advanced country!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-29 12:42:25 |Display all floors

for tjrddsky

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-29 12:48:52 |Display all floors

for mengzhi

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-29 13:16:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by joe112 at 2006-7-29 12:42
you sound just like the imperial japanese of WWII.  The japanese wanted to unify the asian race,  they said " We want to protect chinese from the evil white menand imperialism,  that is why we ...

Yet china is not an advanced country,but two hundred years ago,USA is not an advanced country too,taiwan is nothing else.But i know that china is developing faster and faster now,not only in economy,but also in polity.If  the goverment of today hinders development, it also will be substituted by other.
After seeing your words,I find out that u have very strong prejudice about CCP.And what I say about  "unification" is not political unification,is a national unification.
Japan and German of ww2  was not to achieve the national unification,they  invaded other nations ,and even want to enslave or kill out them.It is something else again.

[ Last edited by tjrddsky at 2006-7-29 01:21 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-29 20:33:58 |Display all floors

Taiwan politics is generically bad.

Reply joe  #33.

I am not sure how you got the idea that I am a KMT supporter. Far from it. I detest that bunch of glorified warlords from Chinag KS onwards. He sold China to the Yanks lock, stock and barrel. He maintained a myth that the KMT was going to " return and recover the Mainland ". " One China " he screamed, which was the ONLY thing he got right. Since Taiwan realised that their chances of recovering the Mainland is less than that of a snowflake in hell, their spin doctors spent time thinking of warm and cuddly jargons to endear themselves to the gullible do-gooders of the west, especially in the USA. So embracing " democracy " is one of those tricks.Then it is the " Taiwanese " identity rather than Chinese. I am as much a Taiwanese as these post Mainlanders are and I have only landed in Taipei once. So this game of " poor little old Taiwan " being bullied by that big dragon over the strait has been the mantra of late.

It is a silly game so trasparent only those committed China-bashers in the US would fail to see through it.

Anyone who sides with the Yanks to get some short term advantage but sacrifice the long term natural goals of re-uniting with blood brothers from the mainland should be dispised and spat upon.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.