Author: freakyqi

FREAKYQI is coming to China!! :D [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-8-23 09:39:18 |Display all floors
Ok everybody, time for an English quiz:

What common English phrase can be used in a sentence for each of these pictures?

[ Last edited by freakyqi at 2006-8-23 10:02 AM ]
SLC_8805t.jpg
3089486.jpg
IMG_0286_a_340.jpg
racket2_060708.jpg
site2d_lg.jpg
r62939_173565.jpg
images.jpg
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-23 12:41:17 |Display all floors

GO FOR IT

glad to hear you jumping in feet first I hope that job works out well for you, there is nothing wrong with holding out for the job you love, I moved state's just to get the job I wanted and needed, I know how important it is to be happy in your work, I hope you have room in one of your cases for your pooter :) you can let me know what its like for my visit in the spring.

is the quote drop me a line ?
Spook.
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-23 13:25:02 |Display all floors
No, it's not "drop me a line", but that's a nice positive try, and thanks for the encouragement.
It's a phrase that can be used to describe how the items in each photo are positioned. And it's not good in my case. I'm worried.

And I changed my avatar, location, & signature to match.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-23 14:14:30 |Display all floors

and the answer is.....

All things have a string attached!!! Really Freakyqi, don't get your hopes up here. Most foreigners who come to China leave after one year of being lied to, cheated, harassed, made fun of, conned into doing things the illegal way(because many don't know the difference) all for the sake of making a few bucks. The only thing good about China is the food and the history. If you are coming here as a reporter... they will tell you what you can write and what not to write(remember the movie Good Morning Vietnam when Robin Williams had the morning news edited by the government... only here it is worse). If you are coming here as a teacher, there is more BS than a PTA meeting. And if you are coming here to get your freak on, Chinese men are hung like a mosquito! Only the next morning you still won't feel anything. Good luck to you though

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-23 14:37:11 |Display all floors

congratulations!

thousands of gongratulations and welcomes! i am from shanghai,don't forget drop by i will treat you with my heart!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-23 15:03:26 |Display all floors

红旗招展,锣鼓喧天,各界群众夹道欢迎,那场面是相当地壮观

oh,seems another beauty will  export to China.
welcome!
GIVE ME YOUR THREAD!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-24 00:39:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by fuzzynuts at 2006-8-23 14:14
All things have a string attached!!! Really Freakyqi, don't get your hopes up here. Most foreigners who come to China leave after one year of being lied to, cheated, harassed, made fun of, conned i ...

The phrase I'm thinking of is a bit different, though yours is excellent and you're on the right track. The ANSWER IS: "strung along" ... I could've sworn I was hired a month ago, only to find out now that it's "undecided".  There's still a chance, but really, I thought I would've had my visa & ticket by now. Instead, I am sitting in a messy, half-packed apartment with no kitchen table, confused and hoping I don't have to go ask for all my old jobs back.

Luckily, none of those reasons you (fuzzy) mentioned are my main reason for coming. My main reasons are to learn about Chinese culture, the language, and just see what it's like to live in another country for a while. So if I end up with a job I'm not thrilled with, I'll just see it as my payment... the price I am willing to pay for the experience of living in China. If I DO get a job I like, all the better, and I may stay longer.

Here are some thngs I want to do when I'm in China:
  -  visit all the typical historical places & actually LEARN about them
  -  visit lesser-known places, like "maofeather" sometimes talks about
  -  get to know a few chinese people
  -  learn to speak chinese, & read & write it, including learning the history of hanzi & calligraphy
  -  go to parks, libraries, etc..
  -  be able to get anywhere in Beijing by public transportation, all by myself
  -  eat from normal chinese places & cook with normal chinese people
  -  see & learn about chinese art, from all times, even what students are doing now
  -  do taiji/qigong outside every morning, and learning another martial art would be cool.

Ha.... sounds like I don't have time for work... anyone want to just sponsor me for free? I'll do my morning stuff (taiji, eat, etc), work doing whatever you want from... maybe 9am-noon (if it's not too illegal or disgusting), then I'm free for the rest of the day to do the above things.

Anyone have a job for me like that?

HI_JACK - Awww, thanks, you're so sweet! You made me smile!
TSINGHUA_sh -  I probably won't be in Shanghai, but I appreciate your kind words.

[ Last edited by freakyqi at 2006-8-24 01:15 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.