Author: freakyqi

FREAKYQI is coming to China!! :D [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-7-20 09:48:39 |Display all floors

Congratulations!

Originally posted by freakyqi at 2006-7-19 22:07
If you don't know me you can ignore this!

I remember last year saying "I am thinking about moving to China in about a year..." And one big reason I stayed at these bbs is because I  ...

You've done a lot, as a matter of course, you should get a lot.
Pain makes gain!
enjoy your future life in China!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-20 09:49:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2006-7-19 22:07
If you don't know me you can ignore this!

I remember last year saying "I am thinking about moving to China in about a year..." And one big reason I stayed at these bbs is because I  ...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!  

YOU ARE SO HAPPY TILL you have no time for us!!!

[ Last edited by caringhk at 2006-7-20 03:16 PM ]
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-20 10:00:31 |Display all floors
wow. really>>>? maybe we can meet and drink together.? :)
I wanna enjoy the sunshine and beach hand in hand with you forever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-20 10:05:30 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-20 10:10:56 |Display all floors
welcome, my new friends

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-20 11:05:57 |Display all floors
Here's a saying for you that describes big Chinese cities, freakyqi: "Ren shan ren hai"--literally, mountains and seas of people!

I think I was in stage 2 when I went home after study abroad. I hope to go back for a longer time and reach stages 3 and 4.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-20 11:40:19 |Display all floors
More thanks to everyone!

Originally posted by eyeofstorm at 2006-7-20 09:48
Freaky will have a Love-Hate relationship with China.

Eye, why do you say that? Where do you see the hate part coming in, from what you've read of me here?

Bizarre - uh, we can have a drink together if you send it to me from SF! Aren't you in the US now?

huang - Well, if I shop there, I'll go during the day when everyone is at work. And I'll try not to go very often. Maybe I won't go at all.

Sock - Stage 4, going home, is apparently tough too. If you've grown accustomed to the foreign country, going back is another culture shock, and also... you're a different person, not seeing things the same as everyone else. You may no longer agree on some very basic moral or stereotypical things that you used to agree with friends & family on (or at least tolerate or ignore easily)... you become annoyed with your own culture for seeming closed-minded (in comparison to what you've just experienced) and sometimes you even want to go back to the foreign country because it will seem more comfortable if you got used to it. I read that some people decided to live in China (or wherever) for good only after trying to live back home again, unsuccessful at fitting back into their old life.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.